Don’t Worry Darling is coming to theaters this weekend and this 1950’s era thriller isn’t what you think it is. So we made a classic recipe with a twist, just like the movie has! Check out our Twisted Cinnamon roll intestines – you can make these for spooky season or just for fun. Don’t worry, they only look creepy and gross!
Don’t Worry Darling hits theaters everywhere on Friday September 23rd.
- 3 ¼ cups gluten-free flour 1 to 1 mix
- ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- ½ cup dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups tap warm water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk + additional as needed
- Red Food coloring
- In a stand mixer, whisk together your dry ingredients. Once everything is incorporated add your apple cider vinegar, butter, egg, and slowly add in your water. Mix until your dough begins to pull together and away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn your dough out onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with additional flour. Knead by hand until your dough is soft and smooth. Cut your dough in half and place one half to the side under a tea towel.
- With a rolling pin, roll the remaining half into a large rectangle and smooth on 2 tablespoons of room temperature butter within 1 inch of all of the edges. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. From one of the short ends tightly roll into one log. Repeat with the other half of the dough. Cut both rolls into 2-inch pieces.
- On a greased 9×13 pan, place your cinnamon rolls onto the pan and slightly unravel them to make them more erratic. Fill the tray completely. Once everything is on the pan, lightly cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm spot to proof for an hour to an hour and a half.
- At the hour mark in the proofing process, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. After the dough has at least doubled in size, place in the center of the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Once the cinnamon rolls are completely cool, in a measuring cup add 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk and mix until combined. Add additional milk if needed, but you want a thicker consistency. Once you have reached the right consistency drizzle over the cinnamon roll intestines to create a blood pooling effect. Tip the pan around to spread it more. Allow to set completely before enjoying or serving.
About Don’t Worry Darling:
A 1950s housewife (Pugh) living with her husband (Styles) in a utopian experimental community begins to worry that his glamorous company may be hiding disturbing secrets. Cast: Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Olivia Wilde, Gemma Chan, KiKi Layne, and Chris Pine