It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, if your current country of residence is allowing international travel, you should absolutely go abroad this winter. It doesn’t matter where you go, as long as you get up and go and make sure that you have an amazing time. Sometimes, people want to seek out the winter sun and that means heading somewhere hot while the snow falls around you.
Whether you want to go away for Christmas and hunker down in one of the many amazing Phnom Penh hotels, or you want to actually enjoy the snow and book a ski break in the mountains of Val di Fiemme, you have to take the chance to get away as often as possible. With this in mind, here’s why you should choose to go abroad this winter.
- Why not? The best reason to go abroad this winter is simply because there is no reason you shouldn’t! The winter is cold and dark for many and why not swap a cold, dark place for a snowy mountain with twinkly lights? You could even go to Lapland and meet Father Christmas to enjoy a true winter holiday. It would be cool to talk about adventures like that and if you don’t have any strings attached to your life, then you should do everything that you can to ensure that you can go abroad this winter.
- It’s the perfect gift. When you are stuck for holiday gift ideas, gather up your friends and book a collective vacation together. It’s the gift of each other’s company, the chance to spend time together and the chance to have an adventure that should spur you on. You can have fun and it’s the best Christmas gift you could possibly give this year: your time and love!
- You’ll learn something. If you’ve never been skiing before, you’re going to learn an entirely new skill and work muscles you didn’t even know existed. There are so many educational benefits to trying out a new sport this winter, and if you want to go somewhere sunny, you’re still going to learn something because you can head to different museums and galleries in your country of choice.
- The rush. Cruising, skiing, flying – they are a rush and a way to really let the adrenaline flow through your veins. Winter breaks aren’t just for lounging you know, not when there are so many markets to see and activities to do. You can really make up for the time away and have a fantastic time making new memories.
- You get to have fun. No matter where you go or with whom, you’re going to have a fantastic time! You get to build experiences, make memories and make the most of the chance to go abroad that you might not have much of the rest of the year.
Going abroad is something of a privilege. If you have the chance to do it, you should – especially before you have kids and responsibilities to worry about!