This summer Marvel asked fans to choose a side – Team Cap or Team Iron Man. Some of the biggest heroes in the Marvel universe are fighting with each other over what looks like one main issue, but ends up being several. Somehow, I wasn’t able to see this epic film while it was in theaters, my work schedule was too busy. And despite hearing all the raving from friends and family – I missed seeing Civil War on the big screen. Our team did review Captain America: Civil War for the site, but it wasn’t until Disney sent me a copy of the movie to review.
Before you even watch Captain America Civil War, and know the story behind it, you already go in knowing which side you will stand on. Will it be the rich playboy with his technology or the soldier who is always fighting for what he thinks is right? The movie will have twists and turns that will make you question what if what you knew about your favorite character is even true. With the introduction of some of other Marvel characters to the mix like Black Panther, Peter Parker and of course Ant Man, the teams get pretty epic. There are a couple spots that make Marvel fans scratch their heads (Aunt Mae’s age?) But overall the movie is cast well and a fantastic time to watch. For me, due to the length of the movie – watching at home was a better option since I could pause it and take a bathroom break and not miss a minute of the action.
About Captain America Civil War:
When Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” arrives early on Digital HD, Digital 3D and Disney Movies Anywhere on Sept. 2 and on Blu-ray™ 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on Sept. 13, viewers can join the nonstop action and pick their side—Team Cap, commanded by Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), or Team Iron Man, led by Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.).
Rogers and Stark are joined by a star-studded lineup of beloved Marvel Super Heroes, including Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Bucky Barnes aka Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan), Sam Wilson aka Falcon (Anthony Mackie) Colonel James “Rhodey” Rhodes aka War Machine (Don Cheadle), Clint Barton aka Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Vision (Paul Bettany) and Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), along with new recruit Scott Lang aka Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) and joined by two new additions to the MCU: T’Challa aka Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) and Peter Parker aka Spider-Man (Tom Holland).
More than 60-minutes of thrilling, exclusive bonus material includes: an inside look at the evolution of lead characters Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, a behind-the-scenes exclusive on the making of Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War,” never-before-seen deleted scenes and hilarious outtakes. Plus, home audiences can learn more about the latest additions to the MCU and get an exclusive, first look at Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” starring Benedict Cumberbatch, coming to theaters Nov. 4, 2016.
You can get Captain America: Civil War on Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital HD now. The movie has a total run time of 147 minutes and is rated PG-13.
Bonus features include*:
DIGITAL HD/3D & BLU-RAY:
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 & Part 2 – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gag Reel – Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes – Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of “Captain America: Civil War.”
- Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange – Exclusive Sneak Peek – Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer. The DVD does not include any bonus materials.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- The Heart Warming Film Wonder is Now Available to Enjoy at Home - February 23, 2018
- From a Sci-Fi Lover to a Passive Viewer an Annihilation Review in Two Parts - February 22, 2018
- Change Your Diet for Your Health with Food Pharmacy - February 22, 2018