This weekend the doors open at McCormick Place to the largest car show in the nation. Boasting the most square footage, this year’s Chicago Auto Show is going to be one for the records. With new concept cars, ones that drive themselves and even some that are decked out for your latest Marvel and Star Wars movies. With inside test tracks, your newest dream car you didn’t know you wanted, and even user experiences CAS has a lot going on and will take up more than a day of your time.
We’re check out CAS this week before the doors open to the public, but can’t wait to share the latest trends with you. While in Detroit, Luxury and Trucks seemed to dominate, we have a sneaking suspicion that SUVs are going to have a bigger hold on the Chicagoland area (we’ll let you know soon if that is true or not!)
What are you going to be able to see at CAS this year? Test Tracks, Interactive Displays and Education!
There are actually 3 indoor test tracks. There is the Camp Jeep Test Track where you can climb into an all-new Wrangler and other Jeep products and have a professional driver take you through their exhilarating obstacle course. Toyota’s indoor test track features the all-new Toyota Camry. New this year is the Kia indoor test track featuring Sorento and Sportage. Additionally, there are 6 outdoor test drive opportunities. Sign up for those at Cadillac, Ford, Kia, Mazda, Subaru and Volkswagen exhibits.
- #HyundaiRacingChallenge – This activation will leverage two brand new custom Hyundai Forza 7 Game Sleds, featuring the Hyundai Veloster which will provide attendees with a realistic racing experience they will feel in their fingertips and seat of their pants! The experience will create a tournament atmosphere where players are encouraged to compete in Preliminary rounds for best lap. Those players (18+) who have the top 8 best laps in Prelim Rounds will be seeded in a tournament (twice daily) for a chance to win exciting prizes and a grand prize Xbox one.
- #HyundaiSWAG – Hyundai will again include #HyundaiSWAG, which has been a hit with show attendees the last couple of years. The premise is game show-like with game-show lighting, audio
cues, and a call to action inviting guests, 18 years and older, to participate as audience members for a chance to win branded giveaways. The call to action will occur 6-8 times per day. One attendee will be selected as the contestant, and will be asked to answer Hyundai specific trivia questions from inside one of our products. The more questions the contestant answers correctly the greater the prize awarded to them and the audience members.
- Hyundai Auto Show Sweepstakes – Enter to Win! – All eligible auto show visitors to the Hyundai exhibit can enter for their chance to win in the Hyundai Auto Show Sweepstakes. One lucky auto show attendee will be selected in a random drawing to win a $500 Best Buy Gift Card. Adding to the excitement, Hyundai will be awarding a 2018 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T as the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will be selected in May 2018 at the close of the MY2018 Auto Show Season.
Link to complete MY18 Official Rules http://www.2018autoshowsweepstakes.com.
The Kia Sport Utility Gym showcases the fitness and agility of the AWD Sportage and AWD Sorento. Located next to the Kia exhibit, the Sport Utility Gym is open Feb 10 – 19 during show hours. Show guests will ride with a professional driver and will experience five course obstacles: Heavy Bag Slalom, Articulation Bumps, Side Hill, Rock Climb Z-Turn, and Mountain Climb. Drive registrants will receive a Starbucks Gift Card as a Thank You gift.
Kids age 3-8 have the opportunity to hit the “demo track” at the Polaris Slingshot booth in the Peg-Perego Slingshot!
- Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Simulator – Drivers get to sit in, feel, and drive the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, equipped with 840-horsepower. The simulators are loaded with the latest state-of-art motion technology, producing incredibly realistic, never-before-seen special effects. Drivers will drag race head-to-head starting from behind a real “Christmas Tree” staging light set up – just like the pro drag racers do – to see who has the fastest reaction time and quarter-mile time.
- Attendees can also enter for a chance to win a Grand Prize Package for a combined 10-night stay between two award-winning oceanfront Fairmont resorts in Hawaii and Maui – including business class airfare and round-trip transportation. http://www.2018autoshowsweepstakes.com/genesis.
- Camp Jeep – Since 2005, Camp Jeep has provided over 370,000 test rides at the Chicago Auto Show. Attendees that ride on the Camp Jeep track will each receive a free Jeep tote bag (as quantities remain). Camp Jeep offers, Ground Clearance Stair Climber, Maneuverability Moguls, Extreme Break-over, Jeep Tunnel Pass-Thru, 18’ 30-degree Hill Ascent / Descent, Off-Camber, Low-Crawl Boulders and Articulation Berms. Off-road test drives will be given in the following Jeep vehicles: all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, Renegade Trailhawk, Cherokee Trailhawk and Compass Trailhawk.
Heartland Blood Center
- Chicago Auto Show Dennis Buckley Memorial Blood Drive – The Donation Process: It is a quick and easy procedure to donate blood or one of the other blood products we collect. For most donors, the process takes only about an hour from start to finish. Check daily schedule for times.
- Visitors can take part in a variety of activations, such getting their picture take near the Olympic-wrapped RAV4 with a 180-degree bullet-time camera to celebrate the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games, as party of Toyota’s multi-year sponsorship.
- Toyota’s “Camry Thrill Ride” indoor drive experience has become one of the Chicago Auto Show’s must-see attractions annually. Located next to the Toyota exhibit, the Camry Thrill Ride is open Feb. 10-18 during show hours. Guests are encouraged to discover the new Toyota Camry XSE V6 during a thrilling experience around a closed course led by professional drivers. The experience puts consumers into an unexpectedly thrilling drive course, showing off all the surprising fun the new Camry XSE offers. Families with small children will need to provide their own child seat if they wish to have their children ride along. Each drive participant will receive a free Toyota-branded beanie.
There’s a lot that goes into every vehicle we ride and drive in and some of the most important factors are safety! We know it’s one of the most important things we all look at when we buy a car and new changes in technology and manufacturing are making cars even safer. From exhibits that talk about the latest in tech, and how that lidar may be in your next car to others that show you the benefits of different building material – you will leave CAS knowing a bit more about cars than you knew before you walked in.
One to note – Visit SMDI to learn how High density steel is used in your vehicle. The difference in strengths are noted and how they are used the lower weight may just surprise you. We all assume that steel means a heavy vehicle – but that is an antiquated idea. As fuel economy and safety standards increase, so does the need for high-performance materials. The North American steel industry is meeting these requirements with advanced high-strength steel (AHSS) grades. The unique metallurgical properties and manufacturability of AHSS provide
high value to the automotive industry in meeting increasingly stringent requirements. No other material provides the complete package – performance, value and sustainability – of steel. The variety of AHSS grades allows automakers to use the right grade in the right application for exceptional occupant protection, crash energy management and
durability. Combining AHSS with new evolving manufacturing processes will enable engineers to apply thinner steels to produce lighter-weight parts, while maintaining or improving structural performance. This helps make the car not only lightweight which reduces your gas consumption but since they have to use less materials, it can help reduce your cost as the consumer!
Be active on social media this year for your chance to win prizes during the show! Ready to check out the latest in cars, tech and more? Dress warm against this snow, and bring some good walking shoes – CAS is waiting for you!
2018 Chicago Auto Show – Dates & Times
- Feb. 10 – 18 (10 a.m. – 10 p.m.)
- Feb. 19 (10 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
2018 Chicago Auto Show – Ticket prices
Tickets are available at our McCormick Place ticket booths on public show days or online starting at ChicagoAutoShow.com . (Show box office closes one hour before the show closes.)
$13 for adults
$7 for seniors aged 62 and older
$7 for children 7-12
Free Admission for children 6 and younger when accompanied by a paying adult. Family members only.
Enter for your chance to win tickets to CAS 18!
Contest rules: Entries must be completed by Feb 8th, 2018. No purchase necessary; contest open only to US residents and subject to the laws of Illinois. Winners will be notified by email by Feb. 10th, 2018. Winners MUST pick up tickets in person at the Chicago Auto Show, McCormick Place between Feb. 10, 2018, and Feb. 19, 2018. Winners may be asked to provide identification to receive their prize. Prize value $30 per prize, not exchangeable for cash or other items. Grand prize value is $130. A total of 10 pairs of tickets will be awarded and a total of 1 grand prize will be awarded.