Summer movies and series are heating up! Check out what’s coming to a theater near you or what movies you can check out early with our list of early screenings – there’s a lot coming to a screen near you soon!
Be sure to check out the latest release dates and updates here too.
- Free Preview: Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (NYC) 6/18
- The Black Phone – 6/21
- The Phantom of the Open 6/21
- Minions: Rise of Gru – 6/27
Movie and Series Reviews
Movies and Entertainment Updates:
TRAILER AND KEY ART DEBUT: Hulu’s “Machine Gun Kelly’s Life in Pink” – Coming Soon
Machine Gun Kelly’s Life In Pink” is an in-depth look at the dramatic highs and lows of an artist chasing music’s top spot while tackling noise from the outside world, stardom, fatherhood and more. From creating his platinum-selling, Billboard No. 1 album “Tickets to My Downfall,” to his most recent No. 1 studio album, “Mainstream Sellout,” this is an all-access pass, that goes beyond the headlines, into the chaotic world of Machine Gun Kelly.
“THE HUNGER GAMES: THE BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS & SNAKES” CASTING NEWS
JEROME LANCE, ASHLEY LIAO, KNOX GIBSON, MACKENZIE LANSING, and AAMER HUSAIN have joined the cast of Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes opposite Tom Blyth and Rachel Zegler.
- Lance will play Marcus, tribute from District 2; Liao will play Clemensia Dovecote, one of Coriolanus’s closest friends and mentor to a tribute from District 11; Knox Gibson will play Bobbin, tribute from District 8; Lansing will play Coral, tribute from District 4; and Husain will play Felix Ravinstill, mentor to a tribute from District 11.
- The studio recently announced that moviegoers will return to The Hunger Games, the landmark film franchise that has earned over $3 billion globally, as The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes debuts in theaters worldwide on November 17, 2023. Years before he would become the tyrannical President of Panem, 18-year-old Coriolanus Snow (Blyth) is the last hope for his fading lineage, a once-proud family that has fallen from grace in a post-war Capitol. With the 10th annual Hunger Games fast approaching, the young Snow is alarmed when he is assigned to mentor Lucy Gray Baird (Zegler), the girl tribute from impoverished District 12. But, after Lucy Gray commands all of Panem’s attention by defiantly singing during the reaping ceremony, Snow thinks he might be able to turn the odds in their favor. Uniting their instincts for showmanship and newfound political savvy, Snow and Lucy’s race against time to survive will ultimately reveal who is a songbird, and who is a snake.
- The film will be directed by Francis Lawrence, who previously directed the franchise’s Catching Fire, Mockingjay Part One, and Mockingjay Part Two.
- It will be shepherded by franchise producer Nina Jacobson and her producing partner Brad Simpson, along with Francis Lawrence.
- Suzanne Collins, Tim Palen, and Jim Miller will serve as executive producers.
- The latest draft of the screenplay is by Michael Lesslie (Macbeth, starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard, and Assassin’s Creed). Lesslie builds on the work of writers Suzanne Collins and Michael Arndt (the Oscar®-winning screenwriter of Little Miss Sunshine, as well as serving as one of the writers of Catching Fire). The screenplay is based on Collins’ bestselling novel.
- Meredith Wieck and Scott O’Brien are overseeing on behalf of the studio.
- JEROME LANCE is in his final year at Royal Welsh, and in the current cohort of Open Door. He recently performed his own writing at their Donmar Showcase. He is represented by The Artists Partnership.
- ASHLEY LIAO recently shot the lead role in the ACE Entertainment feature Loveboat Taipei, which is based on the New York Times bestselling novel of the same name. Liao played the teenage version of Ali Wong in the Netflix romantic comedy “Always Be My Maybe,” and starred as Princess Eleanor in the Disney+ original movie “Secret Society of Second Born Royals.” She also had a leading role in the Debby Ryan-produced film “Jessica Darling’s It List.” She had a series regular role in the Apple TV+ series “Physical” opposite Rose Byrne. Best known for her role as Lola in the Netflix series “Fuller House,” Liao has also guest starred on numerous series including “N.C.I.S.,” “N.C.I.S.: Los Angeles,” “Speechless,” “Fresh Off the Boat,” and “Bad Teacher.” She is represented by Innovative Artists, Semler Entertainment, and Skrzyniarz & Mallean.
- KNOX GIBSON is a confident, energetic 14-year-old boy from Australia, who is also an amputee due to an accident with a lawn mower when he was 3 years old. Knox has been working in the entertainment industry for the past six years; modelling, filming commercials, televisions shows, music videos and short films. He had a breakout role starring as the lead in the Netflix short film “Forgive Us Our Trespasses,” released in February 2022. Additionally, Knox is a national athlete for swimming and is a disability and inclusion advocate. He believes that positive representation of people with disabilities onscreen is incredibly important as it leads to more acceptance in society and it challenges negative stereotypes and preconceived ideas. He is represented by C Talent.
- MACKENZIE LANSING is a French/American actress best known for her work on HBO’s “The Deuce” and “Mare of Easttown.” She will next be seen in Allswell, set to premiere at Tribeca, and recently filmed a role for Gareth Edwards’ True Love with John David Washington. Lansing spent her childhood in Congo and France, beginning her acting career on the Paris stage. She moved to New York to attend the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. She rounded out her conservatory education by attending The Labyrinth Summer Intensive and Maggie Flanigan Studio. Her transition into film and television began with guest spots on “Red Oaks” and “Tell Me a Story.” She is repped by Clear Talent Group and MJ Management.
- AAMER HUSAIN appeared on “Hudson & Rex.” He is an Indian American/Canadian actor who speaks English, Urdu, and Arabic fluently. He is represented by The Characters Agency & David Dean Management. Photo below, credit Curtis & Cort Photography:
DIY House Craft Inspired By The Smurfs S1 V1
Check out this smurfing adorable DIY Smurf Village Mushroom inspired by The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 1, available on DVD on June 14! Click the link to join the fun: https://bit.ly/SmurfsDIYHouseCraft
THE WITCH 2: THE OTHER ONE In select North American theaters June 17
In this sequel to the popular Korean sci-fi action thriller THE WITCH: SUBVERSION, the story moves away from a confined secret lab and out into the real world.
After a mysterious girl emerges as the sole survivor of a bloody raid on the research facility behind the top-secret Witch Program, she is rescued by a pair of civilians who soon realize the girl is both very powerful and in very grave danger. However, as the assassins tasked with locating and silencing the girl move ever closer, the lives of everyone around her fall under increasingly great peril.
Glamorous Period Drama Launching Exclusively on all PBS Platforms June 19
This June, the drama-filled series HOTEL PORTOFINO, which has charming characters from different walks of life mingling in an exhilarating cocktail of romance, glamour and mystery, will launch on all PBS platforms. The six-episode period piece starring Natascha McElhone (“Ronin,” “Californication,” “Halo”) follows an elite yet dysfunctional British family who open a hotel for upper-class travelers on the magical Italian Riviera during the Roaring ‘20s.
HOTEL PORTOFINO premieres Sunday, June 19, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET on PBS (check local listings) and will be available to stream on all station-branded PBS platforms including PBS.org, the PBS Video app, available on iOS, Android, Roku streaming devices, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, Chromecast and VIZIO. HOTEL PORTOFINO will be available to stream on PBS Passport and the PBS MASTERPIECE Prime Video Channel.
HOTEL PORTOFINO tells the story of the Ainsworth family that has relocated from Britain to open an upscale hotel on the Italian coastline. Set in the breathtakingly beautiful resort town of Portofino, this new period drama is about personal awakening at a time of global upheaval in the traumatic aftermath of World War I and the liberating influence of Italy’s enchanting culture, climate and cuisine on elite British travelers. As distinguished guests like the imperious Lady Latchmere check into the hotel, matriarch Bella Ainsworth tries to keep up with their constant demands. McElhone and Mark Umbers (“Home Fires”) star as the British expat hoteliers Bella and Cecil Ainsworth.
Rounding out the ensemble cast, are Anna Chancellor (“Four Weddings and a Funeral”), Pasquale Esposito (“Gomorrah”), Oliver Dench (“Pandora”), Assad Zaman (“Apple Tree Yard”), Adam James (“Doctor Foster”), Imogen King (“The Bay”), Elizabeth Carling (“Goodnight Sweetheart”), Olivia Morris (“The Turtles”), Lily Frazer (“Saint Maude”), among others.
Embracing intertwined sexual and social liberation themes, HOTEL PORTOFINO delivers addictive plotlines for drama lovers in a breathtaking Italian setting.
The Bad Guys Is Coming To Digital, 4K, Blu-ray and DVD – June 19th
Follow the most notorious criminals in the world and find out if they can pull off their biggest job yet – going good – in DreamWorks Animation’s THE BAD GUYS, a hilarious high octane family adventure that is sure to bring the entire family together for non-stop action and laughs. Showcasing a brand-new crew of lovable and edgy characters bursting with personality, the film embraces individuality with each character’s unique skillset, ranging from hacking and disguise to muscle and drive. Available to own on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, and DVD on June 21, 2022 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, THE BAD GUYS Collector’s Edition showcases an all-new original short and comes filled with never-before-seen bonus features including deleted scenes, exclusive interviews with cast and crew, Mr. Snake’s frozen pops recipes, character drawing tutorials and more, offering endless fun and sure to get the entire family into ‘summer’ mode.
Featuring sleek stylized animation, the family action-comedy boasts a star-studded voice cast featuring Academy Award® winner Sam Rockwell (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri), Marc Maron (“GLOW”), Craig Robinson (Hot Tub Time Machine franchise), Anthony Ramos (In The Heights), and Awkwafina (Crazy Rich Asians) as the bad guys, alongside co-stars Zazie Beetz (Joker), Lily Singh (Bad Moms), Emmy® winner Alex Borstein (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”), and Richard Ayoade (Paddington 2). THE BAD GUYS is directed by Pierre Perifel (Kung Fu Panda films) and produced by Damon Ross (Trolls) and Rebecca Huntley (The Boss Baby) from a screenplay by Etan Cohen (Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa).
Never have there been five friends as infamous as THE BAD GUYS—Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Shark and Ms. Tarantula. After years of countless heists and being the world’s most-wanted villains, the gang is finally caught. Mr. Wolf brokers a deal to keep them out of prison and the Bad Guys set out to fool the world into believing they’ve gone good. Packed with huge laughs and edgy action, being bad has never been so fun in this action-comedy from DreamWorks Animation.
THE BAD GUYS is based on the Scholastic children’s graphic novels by Aaron Blabey that earned a spot on the New York Times bestselling list for more than 100 weeks and have sold a combined total of more than 1 million copies to-date.
EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES ON DIGITAL, 4K UHd, BLU-RAYTM AND DVD:
- ALL-NEW ORIGINAL SHORT “MARASCHINO RUBY” – In this original DreamWorks animated short, The Bad Guys are at it again, but not in the way you think. They’ve gone good! Find out what happens to the team after they go rogue in this sweet original short.
- DELETED SCENES
- Original opening
- Snake Attack
- Extra Secret Base Tour
- You Can’t Fake Good
- Post Credits: Scientist Button
- DEVISE THE PLAN: MAKING THE BAD GUYS – From book to storyboard to the silver screen, join the cast and filmmakers as they devise how to bring The Bad Guys to life.
- ASSEMBLE THE CREW – Go face to face with the voices behind our favorite animated bad guys – Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Shark, Ms. Tarantula & Mr. Piranha.
- IT’S SHOWTIME: CAST TABEL READ – Teamwork is the ultimate ingredient in pulling off a job without a hitch. now that they’ve agreed on the plan, it’s time to bring the cast of The Bad Guys together for their first table read.
- SNAKE’S FROZEN POP SHOP – Want to learn how to make your own version of Mr. Snake’s favorite frozen pops? With these easy recipes, you’ll be on your way to chill-ville in no time. Want to go the extra mile? Create your own frozen pop disguises.
- FROM THE DRAWING ROOM – Learn step by step from The Bad Guys head of story, Nelson Yokota, how you can create your very own storyboard and draw the film’s main characters
- How To Storyboard
- How To Draw Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Shark, Ms. Tarantula, Mr. Piranha
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Feature Commentary with Director Pierre Perifel, Producer Damon Ross, Head of Story Nelson Yokota, Head of Character Animation JP Sans, and Production Designer Luc Desmarchelier.
THE BAD GUYS will be available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
- 4K Ultra HD delivers the ultimate movie watching experience. Featuring the combination of 4K resolution, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) and immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com
OFFICIAL TRAILER: Hulu’s “Only Murders in the Building” Season Two – Premieres June 28
Check out Hulu’s trailer for the upcoming second season of “Only Murders in the Building.” The new season returns on Tuesday, June 28th with two episodes. New episodes stream Tuesdays.
Following the shocking death of Arconia Board President Bunny Folger, Charles, Oliver & Mabel race to unmask her killer. However, three (unfortunate) complications ensue – the trio is publicly implicated in Bunny’s homicide, they are now the subjects of a competing podcast, and they have to deal with a bunch of New York neighbors who all think they committed murder.
CLARA SOLA – Opens NY 7/1; LA 7/8
In a remote village in Costa Rica, 40-year-old Clara (Araya) endures a repressively religious and withdrawn life under the command of her mother (Chavez). Her uncanny affinity for creatures large and small allows Clara to find solace in the natural world around her. Tension builds within the family as Clara’s younger niece (Espinoza) approaches her quinceañera, igniting a sexual and mystical awakening in Clara, and a journey to free herself from the conventions that have dominated her life.
SNIPER: THE WHITE RAVEN – In Select Theaters & on Digital July 1
SNIPER: THE WHITE RAVEN is inspired by true events, co-written by sniper Mykola Voronin, and created with support from the Ukrainian government and the participation of members of the Ukrainian armed forces and national guard.
SNIPER: THE WHITE RAVEN is inspired by true events, co-written by sniper Mykola Voronin, and created with support from the Ukrainian government and the participation of members of the Ukrainian armed forces and national guard.
NEPTUNE FROST – Opens in Detroit July 1st
Multi-hyphenate, multidisciplinary artist Saul Williams brings his unique dynamism to this Afrofuturist vision, a sci-fi punk musical that’s a visually wondrous amalgamation of themes, ideas, and songs that Williams has explored in his work, notably his 2016 album MartyrLoserKing. Co-directed with his partner, the Rwandan-born artist and cinematographer Anisia Uzeyman, the film takes place in the hilltops of Burundi, where a group of escaped coltan miners form an anti-colonialist computer hacker collective. From their camp in an otherworldly e-waste dump, they attempt a takeover of the authoritarian regime exploiting the region’s natural resources – and its people. When an intersex runaway and an escaped coltan miner find each other through cosmic forces, their connection sparks glitches within the greater divine circuitry. Set between states of being – past and present, dream and waking life, colonized and free, male and female, memory and prescience – Neptune Frost is an invigorating and empowering direct download to the cerebral cortex and a call to reclaim technology for progressive political ends.
THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER IMAX Exclusive Art + Ticket Information – In Theaters July 8th
Advance tickets are on sale now for Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Love and Thunder,” plus check out a new TV spot featuring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tessa Thompson and director Taika Waititi inviting fans to plan ahead and get tickets now ahead of the July 8 opening. Also available are seven new character posters featuring Thor, Mighty Thor, King Valkyrie, Korg, Gorr the God Butcher, Zeus and Goats Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder.
The film finds Thor (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he’s ever faced – one of self-discovery. But his efforts are interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi) and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who – to Thor’s surprise – inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, as the Mighty Thor. Together, they embark upon a harrowing cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the God Butcher’s vengeance and stop him before it’s too late. Directed by Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok,” “Jojo Rabbit”) and produced by Kevin Feige and Brad Winderbaum, “Thor: Love and Thunder” opens in U.S. theaters July 8, 2022.
PAWS OF FURY: THE LEGEND OF HANK – Character Posters – In Theaters July 15th
A hard-on-his-luck hound Hank (Michael Cera) finds himself in a town full of cats who need a hero to defend them from a ruthless villain’s (Ricky Gervais) evil plot to wipe their village off the map. With help from a reluctant teacher (Samuel L. Jackson) to train him, our underdog must assume the role of town samurai and team up with the villagers to save the day. The only problem… cats hate dogs! Also starring Mel Brooks, George Takei, Aasif Mandvi, Gabriel Iglesias, Djimon Hounsou, Michelle Yeoh, Kylie Kuioka, and Cathy Shim, PAWS OF FURY: THE LEGEND OF HANK pounces into theatres July 15, 2022.
Hulu’s “Aftershock” – Premieres July 19
In October 2019, 30-year-old Shamony Gibson tragically died after being ignored by medical providers 13 days following the birth of her son. Two months later, we began filming Shamony’s surviving mother, Shawnee Benton Gibson, and bereaved partner, Omari Maynard, as they began to process what happened and figure out their new normal.
In April 2020, 26-year-old Amber Rose Isaac, died due to an emergency c-section that the family says stemmed from medical negligence. Within weeks of Amber’s death, Omari reaches out to Amber’s surviving partner Bruce McIntyre and a lifelong bond is formed. Together, Omari and Bruce begin the fight for justice to their partners with their families and community by their side, while caring for their children as newly single parents.
Through the film, we witness these two families become ardent activists in the maternal health space, seeking justice through legislation, medical accountability, community, and the power of art. Their work introduces us to a myriad of people including a growing brotherhood of surviving Black fathers, along with the work of midwives and physicians on the ground fighting for institutional reform. Through their collective journeys, we find ourselves on the front lines of the growing birth justice movement that is demanding systemic change within our medical system and government.
“Aftershock,” an Original Hulu Documentary from Onyx Collective and ABC News, premieres July 19th on Hulu.
REAL GENIUS | Available For the First Time on 4K Ultra HD™ September 13th
When a group of crazy college geniuses put their heads together, almost anything can happen. Hold on for a freewheeling, uproarious look at just how much mischief a bunch of high-IQers can concoct. Chris (Val Kilmer) is the top brain who just wants to party, Mitch (Gabe Jarret) is the 16-year-old whiz kid, and Lazlo (Jonathan Gries), America’s number one brain, literally lives in a world of his own … Chris’ closet. Supposedly hard at work on a lab project, they still find time to turn the dorm into an ice-skating rink, and throw a beach party in the auditorium complete with a lagoon and bikini-clad beauties. When the geniuses discover that their unscrupulous mentor Professor Hathaway (William Atherton) has had them working on a secret weapon for the military, they plot an elaborate revenge. Their plan culminates in an incredible scheme that outsmarts the military and convinces the professor that it doesn’t pay to fool with a REAL GENIUS!
DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS
4K ULTRA HD DISC
- Feature scanned from the original camera negative and presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision, reviewed and approved by director Martha Coolidge
- All-new Dolby Atmos and 5.1 audio, reviewed and approved by director Martha Coolidge + Original Dolby Stereo
- Feature presented in High Definition, sourced from the 4K master
- 5.1 + Dolby Stereo audio
- Special Features:
- NEW: “Balloon Chair” Deleted Scene + Raw Takes Montage
- NEW: TV Version of the film
- Feature Commentary with Director Martha Coolidge
FIRST LOOK & DATE ANNOUNCEMENT: Hulu’s “The Handmaid’s Tale” Season Five (Premieres Sept. 14)
Hulu has revealed a first look of the upcoming fifth season of “The Handmaid’s Tale.” The critically acclaimed series will return on September 14th with two episodes. New episodes stream Wednesdays on Hulu.
June faces consequences for killing Commander Waterford while struggling to redefine her identity and purpose. The widowed Serena attempts to raise her profile in Toronto as Gilead’s influence creeps into Canada. Commander Lawrence works with Aunt Lydia as he tries to reform Gilead and rise in power. June, Luke and Moira fight Gilead from a distance as they continue their mission to save and reunite with Hannah.
Bros Trailer 2 now available – In Theaters September 30th
This fall, Universal Pictures proudly presents the first romantic comedy from a major studio about two gay men maybe, possibly, probably, stumbling towards love. Maybe. They’re both very busy.
From the ferocious comic mind of Billy Eichner (Billy on the Street, 2019’s The Lion King, Difficult People, Impeachment: American Crime Story) and the hitmaking brilliance of filmmakers Nicholas Stoller (the Neighbors films, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and Judd Apatow (The King of Staten Island, Trainwreck, The Big Sick), comes Bros, a smart, swoony and heartfelt comedy about finding sex, love and romance amidst the madness.
Starring Billy Eichner, the first openly gay man to co-write and star in his own major studio film, Bros is directed by Nicholas Stoller from his screenplay with Eichner. The film is produced by Judd Apatow, Stoller and Joshua Church (co-producer Trainwreck, Step Brothers). The film is executive produced by Eichner.
Searchlight Pictures presents SEE HOW THEY RUN | Exclusively in Theaters September 30, 2022
In the West End of 1950s London, plans for a movie version of a smash-hit play come to an abrupt halt after a pivotal member of the crew is murdered. When world-weary Inspector Stoppard (Sam Rockwell) and eager rookie Constable Stalker (Saoirse Ronan) take on the case, the two find themselves thrown into a puzzling whodunit within the glamorously sordid theater underground, investigating the mysterious homicide at their own peril.
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Trailer 2 is now available – In Theaters December 22nd
This fall, everyone’s favorite leche-loving, swashbuckling, fear-defying feline returns.
For the first time in more than a decade, DreamWorks Animation presents a new adventure in the Shrek universe as daring outlaw Puss in Boots discovers that his passion for peril and disregard for safety have taken their toll. Puss has burned through eight of his nine lives, though he lost count along the way. Getting those lives back will send Puss in Boots on his grandest quest yet.
Academy Award® nominee Antonio Banderas returns as the voice of the notorious PiB as he embarks on an epic journey into the Black Forest to find the mythical Wishing Star and restore his lost lives. But with only one life left, Puss will have to humble himself and ask for help from his former partner and nemesis: the captivating Kitty Soft Paws (Oscar® nominee Salma Hayek).
In their quest, Puss and Kitty will be aided—against their better judgment—by a ratty, chatty, relentlessly cheerful mutt, Perro (Harvey Guillén, What We Do in the Shadows). Together, our trio of heroes will have to stay one step ahead of Goldilocks (Oscar® nominee Florence Pugh, Black Widow) and the Three Bears Crime Family, “Big” Jack Horner (Emmy winner John Mulaney, Big Mouth) and terrifying bounty hunter, The Big Bad Wolf (Wagner Moura, Narcos).
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish features an all-star comedic cast that includes Oscar® winner Olivia Colman, Ray Winstone (Black Widow), Samson Kayo (Sliced), Emmy nominee Anthony Mendez (Jane the Virgin) and Tony nominee Da’Vine Joy Randolph (Trolls World Tour).
The long-awaited follow-up to the 2011 Academy Award®-nominated blockbuster, The Last Wish is directed by Joel Crawford and produced by Mark Swift, the creative team behind DreamWorks Animation’s smash, The Croods: A New Age. The film’s executive producer is Illumination founder and CEO Chris Meledandri.
The character of Puss in Boots first appeared in 2004’s Oscar®-nominated Shrek 2 and instantly became a global, scene-stealing sensation. Puss then co-starred in two other Shrek sequels and his solo film, as well as in multiple DreamWorks Animation videos and TV series. The Shrek and Puss in Boots films have collectively earned more than $3.5 billion worldwide.