Every year, the Make-A-Wish Foundation in Michigan helps grant the wishes of children with life threatening conditions. On Saturday, September 12th the Michigan Make a Wish Foundation is doing their 4th annual Walk for Wishes, where the funds to grant the much needed wishes for this year will be raised.
Last year, there 400 supporters who walked for Walk for Wishes, and raised over $75,000 to help grant wishes of children in Michigan. In its 4th year, Walk for Wishes is expecting to have 400 supporters this year, and are hoping to raise $120,000 – or a total of 440 wishes for local Michigan children in 2016!
The 4th Annual Walk for Wishes is sponsored by Blue Bunny Ice Cream – which may seem like an odd pairing, but all kids love ice cream. And who doesn’t love it when it can help make a kids dream come true? You can find out more about Blue Bunny’s commitment to the Make-A-Wish foundation by visiting their website.
Registration is now open for Walk for Wishes, and it is free to register, but participants are expected to raise $100.
- Date and Time — September 12, 2015, 9 A.M.
- Location — John Ball Zoo | 1300 W. Fulton St, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- About the event — Help create a life-changing experience for a child by supporting the 4th Annual Walk For Wishes — West Michigan at the John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- In 2014, more than 400 supporters walked to raise more than $75,000 to help grant the wishes of Michigan children with life-threatening medical conditions.
- Website — Walkforwishesmi.org
- Hashtag — #WalkForWishes
The Make-A-Wish Foundation has granted over 8,000 wishes to local children since 1984. They are headquartered in Brighton with an office in Grand Rapids, Make-A-Wish Michigan serves families in all 83 counties in Michigan.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Easy Squash Recipes to Try this Fall - September 27, 2020
- Lil’Gourmet Brings Unique Flavor Blends to Premade Meals - September 26, 2020
- Head to Rio de Janeiro in the Season 2 Trailer for Fast & Furious: Spy Racers - September 26, 2020