Summer nights are heating up at the Detroit Zoo! The Zoo has paired with iHeartMedia and Genisys Credit Union to bring some of the hottest music to the zoo! Staring on Wednesday, July 8th you can visit with the radio staff from 100.3 WNIC, FM 98 WJLB, Channel 955, Mix 92.3 and 1130 AM while having the opportunity to play interactive games and participate in other activities with radio representatives! The concert series continues though the summer on Wednesday nights, and the zoo will stay open until 8 p.m. during the concert series. Concerts take place in the Zoo’s Main Picnic Grove from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Concert-goers are invited to bring a blanket and enjoy the music. Food, snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are available for purchase from Zoo concessions.
Wild Summer Nights Concert Schedule 2015
- July 1 – The Sun Messengers (Motown and R&B)
- July 8 – iHeartRadio (Family Fun Night)
- July 15 – Starfarm (80’s pop rock)
- July 22 – Michigan Opera Theatre (Detroit Opera House)
- July 29 – Mr. Seley and the Troublemakers (children’s)
- Aug. 5 – Taylor Taylor (pop)
- Aug. 12 – The Verve Pipe (children’s)
- Aug. 19 – Detroit Children’s Choir (Detroit Symphony Orchestra)
- Aug. 26 – Candy Band (children’s)
The Detroit Zoo is also offering an adult only event called Summer Zoomance on July 9th and August 20th. This is an adults-only event, featuring cash bars, complimentary tram tours, zookeeper talks, live music and rides on the Tauber Family Railroad. Take a night out, and see a side of the zoo that you may not get to with the children in tow!
Thursday, July 9, 2015
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Tickets available starting June 1
$12 if purchased August 6 by 5 p.m.
$14 if purchased after 5 p.m. on August 6
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- 10 Minute Meals To Save Your Sanity - August 14, 2020
- 5 Must-Have Knives in Your Kitchen - August 14, 2020
- How You Can Change Your Water Habits to Stop Being So Wasteful - August 14, 2020