While Old Woodward offers diners a lot of different options, later this week Vinotecca is re-opening it’s doors to patrons of Birmingham. The Jonna Family of Restaurants announced in October that it would convert The Bird and The Bread into a restyled version if its original Vinotecca wine bar which converted to a Jolly Pumpkin in August 2017. Offering wine education and fun in a non-intimidating way for the novice while also presenting a higher-level experience for the aficionado, the original Vinotecca concept, which the Jonna Family of Restaurants brought to Royal Oak in 2005, is modernized as it celebrates the artistry of wine and food while adding music in a swanky intimate environment.
The new Vinotecca offers a location for diners, for a fun night trying exotic wines or different varieties as well as a location for parties and even business meetings. The interior is designed with areas that make guests feel like they’re dining inside a wine barrel, or areas that are decorated with staves from wine barrels. Reclaimed materials are used throughout, and guests of the former The Bird and the Bread will recognize the layout of the space, and the new venue offers a new experience and interior. Returning customers will also recognize that the beer mug club is still intact and Black Wine Night will be returning soon.
Vinotecca will be open for dinner Tuesday through Sunday and brunch on Saturday and Sunday and offer ongoing wine education and live music and comedy events. Brunch begins Saturday, Feb. 3.
The new restaurant will feature a wine bar, a small plates menu and world cuisine along with a live musical emphasis on jazz and blues. The adjoining special events banquet area, The ELM Room, will offer the ongoing entertainment it has been known for as part of The Bird and The Bread with concerts, comedy shows, and singer-songwriter events, and is available for private parties for up to 300 guests.
Live music plays Thursdays, 7 – 10 p.m. and Fridays/Saturdays, 8 – 11 p.m.
- January 26-27 – Ramo World Jazz Trio with singer Heidi Hepler
- February 1 – Sean Z Trio (blues/funk)
- February 2-3 – Bill Meyer “Jazz Piano Trio”
- February 7 – Bluewater Kings Showcase
- February 8 – Jimmy Smith Trio (jazz), Singer Songwriter Event in the Elm
- February 9-10 – Michele Ramo “Jazz Violin Trio”
- February 14 – Valentine’s Day, special menu and music tbd
- February 15 – Theo Gridiron & Friends (blues/funk)
- February 16 – 10th Annual Vino Value Wine Tasting
- February 16-17 – Cary Kocher “Jazz Vibraphone Trio”
- February 22 – Straight Rye (trio) (funk/jazz)
- February 23-24 – Ramo World Jazz Trio with singer Heidi Hepler
- March 1 – Sam Van Wagoner Trio
- March 8 – Adam Plomaritas Trio (blues/jazz), Singer Songwriter Event in the Elm
- March 15 – Dean Haddad Trio (jazz)
- March 18 – Blue Water Kings Showcase
- March 22 – Theo Gridiron & Friends (blues/funk)
- March 29 – Jimmy Smith Trio (jazz)
Vinotecca Restaurant and Wine Bar will open to the public on January 26th and is located at 210 W. Old Woodward in Birmingham.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- How to Use Your Time to Get an Online Certification - April 5, 2020
- How Ladder Associates Can Help With Working Remotely - April 5, 2020
- Updated Movie Release Dates To Keep On Hand - April 5, 2020