The day that Star Wars fans have been waiting for is finally here. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is finally available to bring home and watch on DVD, Blu-Ray and Digital HD. The movie is one that fans have been waiting on, the last film for Carrie Fisher and one that reveals who Rey actually is (or what they want us to believe now.) But what fans will absolutely love is everything the Blu-Ray combo pack is loaded with bonus feature, deleted scenes and bits of trivia that Star Wars fans are going to geek out over.
The Last Jedi picks up where The Force Awakens left off, with Rey on the cliff side handing the Luke his light saber. It doesn’t go in the direction that fans expect it to and he ends up walking away instead of willingly training Rey. The change in director of the film may have something to do with the change of direction of the story, but it was hard to know where the story was going to go after that big flip. From epic battle scenes, the Force being used and as always some pretty moments as the Rebels take on the Empire.
The story focuses more on discovering who Rey actually is, and for me was one of the most interesting of the movies series so far. Almost a changing of the guards and one that set sup the next chapter of the series beautifully.
You can get The Last Jedi on Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital HD for your next movie night now!
The Last Jedi Trailer:
About the Last Jedi At Home Release:
Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi—the next action-packed chapter of the Star Wars saga— Earned critical acclaim and the No. 1 spot atop 2017’s list of highest-grossing films. The visually stunning film welcomes the return of original characters, including Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Yoda, R2-D2 and C-3PO and further explores the deepening journey of the saga’s new members, Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren. Now families can bring home the movie digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and via Movies Anywhere on March 13, two weeks before the 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray, and Blu-ray™ disc on March 27. This release also marks Disney’s first title available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in both Dolby Vision™ HDR and Dolby Atmos® immersive audio, delivering consumers a transformative viewing experience.
Director Rian Johnson takes fans on an intimate journey into the creation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in a feature-length documentary, explaining his unique interpretation of the Force, detailing the painstaking process of creating Snoke, and deconstructing action-packed scenes from the film such as the epic space battle and the final confrontation. Johnson also reveals two exclusive scenes, featuring Andy Serkis as Snoke prior to his digital makeover, as well as 14 never-before-seen deleted scenes, in addition to his audio commentary.
Bonus features include*:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.