New concept cars, ride alongs and a lot more have made their way to the McCormick Place in Chicago. For the next week, the convention center is filled with the latest cars and trucks that will be coming to the market. If you are a gear head, love the smell of new tires or want to get up close and personal with the latest cars now is the time to head to the auto show.
This year is the 112th year of the Chicago Auto Show is bringing more than just cars to the Windy City. While you’re enjoying the latest vehicles, you can also take some time visit the Subaru Loves Pets area where you can interact with some of the most adorable dogs who are looking for their next forever home. Learn more about cars at the Ford Steam Machine and race in Germany with the Kia Stinger Race simulator. There is so much do do this year at the Chicago Auto Show this year, be sure to grab your tickets now and visit while it’s still in town.
Highlights of the 2020 Chicago Auto Show:
Chicago Auto Show visitors will be among the first to see the newest vehicles that made their debut during the show’s 2020 Media Preview, including:
- 2021 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2021 Chrysler Pacifica
- 2020 Durango SRT Black and Redline Stripe
- 2020 Ford GT Liquid Carbon
- 2021 Genesis GV80
- 2020 Honda Civic Type R
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
- 2021 Jaguar F-TYPE
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
- 2020 Jeep Special Edition Wrangler and Gladiator Premium High Altitude
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler JPP 20 Limited Edition
- 2020 Kia Cadenza
- 2020 Nissan Frontier
- 2021 Toyota Highlander XSE; Trail Special Edition Tacoma, Tundra and 4Runner; and Tacoma, Tundra and Sequoia Go Dark with Nightshade Special Editions
- Volkswagen Atlas
In addition to the latest debuts, newest production, concept and exotic vehicles, the show is packed with opportunities for attendees to get behind the wheel. Attendees can ride along in four indoor test track experiences including Jeep, Ram, Toyota and Volkswagen. Visitors can also take test drives in the latest vehicles from Ford, Honda and Subaru on the streets of Chicago.
Additional Events in Conjunction with the Chicago Auto Show:
In keeping with its tradition of hosting events that capture the attention of an array of consumers, the Chicago Auto Show will also continue to host the following events during its 10-day run:
- Sports Team Pride Day: Monday, Feb. 10. Presented by Marquee Sports Network, Chicago Auto Show attendees who wear an Illinois team jersey to the show on Feb. 10 will receive $5 off of an adult ticket admission. Local teams and organizations such as the Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago White Sox, Chicago Wolves, Chicago Dogs, Windy City Bulls and DePaul Athletics will feature interactive games, giveaways and mascots to engage with fans, located in the North Hall ticket lobby. To obtain the discount, show attendees must visit the Marquee Sports Network tables located in the North Hall ticket lobby to receive the discounted coupon before visiting the ticket booth.
- Women’s Day: Tuesday, Feb. 11. Women are admitted for a discounted ticket of $8. The day will feature a series of events geared towards the female demographic including panel discussions, workshops and networking opportunities.
- Chicago Auto Show Food Drive: Wednesday, Feb. 12 – Friday, Feb. 14. Show patrons who bring three cans of food will receive a coupon for an $8 adult admission. All food will be donated to A Safe Haven Foundation.
- Hispanic Heritage Day: Friday, Feb. 14. Show organizers will continue to partner with Telemundo Chicago to host Hispanic Heritage Day featuring a live TV broadcast as well as fun-filled activities throughout the day.
- Chicago Friday Night Flights: Friday, Feb. 14. Originally produced by the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild in partnership with Choose Chicago and Chicago Concierge, Chicago Friday Night Flights is back for another round on Friday, Feb. 14 from 6-9 p.m. Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 at the door and include a tasting pass to sample local craft beer from a dozen Chicago-area breweries as well as access to the nation’s largest auto show.
- Honda Miles Per Hour: Sunday, Feb. 16. Brand-new to the show this year is the Miles Per Hour run, presented by Honda. In partnership with the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA), this unique indoor run will guide participants on a 2.4-mile loop through the nation’s largest auto show. The event’s moniker accurately describes the premise of the event, where runners will cover as much distance as possible within a one-hour timeframe.
- Family Day: Monday, Feb. 17. Show organizers continue to partner with the Daily Herald to host family-friendly events on Presidents Day to wrap up the final day of the show.
The show is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily from Feb. 8-17, with the exception of the final day when the doors close at 8 p.m
Tickets are available at our McCormick Place ticket booths on public show days or online starting in November of 2019. (Show box office closes one hour before the show closes.) Get Your Tickets Now
- $13 for adults
- $8 for seniors aged 62 and older
- $8 for children 7-12
- Free Admission for children 6 and younger when accompanied by a paying adult. Family members only.
About the Chicago Auto Show:
First staged in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America and has been held more times than any other auto exposition on the continent. This year marks the 112th edition of the Chicago Auto Show.
The Chicago Auto Show utilizes more than 1 million square feet in the North and South Exhibit Halls of the McCormick Place complex. McCormick Place offers a total of 2.7 million square feet of exhibit halls with an additional 700,000 square feet of meeting room availability.