The way students learned has hardly changed throughout many centuries. However, the era we currently live in has faced a technological explosion that has affected multiple aspects of civilization; and education is not an exception to this.
We are witnessing an increase in the number of Educational Technology (EdTech) companies each year. Moreover, the implementation of technology in education does not limit itself to the use of Learning Management Systems (LMS) or Gamification platforms, but it also implies the possibility of reaching out to new paradigms and ways of doing things, with the help of technology. Below you will find some of the current trends in educational technology.
Increase in the Use of VR and AR Technology
Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR and VR) are two technologies that have found in education a natural field for application. There are multiple reasons for this:
- Most students feel interested and curious about taking a VR- or AR-based course.
- The costs involved in things such as field trips can be dramatically lowered when using stuff like Google Earth and Google Expeditions.
- Both VR and AR create new and more engaging ways to interact with study objects, which is beneficial for learning because of the way our brains are wired to learn.
AR and VR have been among the technology trends in education for a while. It is expected that the trend will see an increase during 2020.
A black and white approach to achieving our goals is often not as effective as a balanced one, and blended learning tries to build upon this principle.
Blended learning is an educational paradigm that relies both on traditional methods for education, and those enabled by the advent of new technological applications. Courses that revolve around a blended learning approach often include the use of Learning Management Systems, video tutorials, online resources, as well as one-on-one tutoring and traditional group classes.
Unsurprisingly, in an era where we see a transition from a fully traditional way of doings in education to another that relies more on new technological advancements, blended learning is positioning itself as one of the most influential trends in educational technology in 2020.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
For many, AI is one of the most promising and exciting venues for education to develop through in 2020. It offers a multitude of applications with the potential of changing things for everyone involved in the education community, including teachers, students, and administrators as well. A few examples of this:
- Automated attendance and access control via facial recognition technology.
- AI-driven tutoring that will deliver personalized content for each student according to their specific needs.
- AI-based advisors for teachers will help educators make better decisions to help their pupils.
As our artificial intelligence technology evolves, the number of educational applications that we will be able to derive from will also increase exponentially. We can expect AI to be one of the leading trends in educational technology for 2020.
Knowledge is meaningless unless it supports our problem-solving skills. Or, at least, that is one of the ideas that has been having an increased interest during the last years among educators. An example of this is SpeedyPaper.com, which allows a student to focus on things other than writing their paper assignments, which can be time-consuming and not often as productive as reading or doing some other study tasks.
We have analyzed more than a review for speedypaper, and it looks like technology-enabled platforms like this will find more and more favor among students from multiple academic levels this year.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Is Your Smile Holding You Back Professionally? - July 13, 2020
- Fixing Acidic Soil and Adjusting PH in Your Garden - July 13, 2020
- Choosing the Best Plants for Your Garden - July 12, 2020