The holidays are pretty much the only time of year that I like ginger and spicy cookies. I do use them for cheesecake crusts when they get a little hard, but finding a good gluten free ginger cookie isn’t that easy. This recipe is easy to make, super moist cookies that will be perfect for your cookie exchange or just to dip in a glass of cold milk. We’ve made this recipe and froze the dough to bake later, and it works perfectly!
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, browned and chilled
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
- Brown your butter well and place into a bowl into the fridge. Let cool in fridge until hardened. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before you want to mix up this cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and allspice together into a mixing bowl.
- Mix sugar and butter with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Mix in the egg and molasses. Gradually mix in the flour mixture until just coming together into a batter.
- Roll rounded teaspoon-sized amounts of dough into small balls between your hands, roll in sugar, and place onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake until the cookies are barely set, the tops are slightly cracked, about 10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes until they can be moved to a wire rack without breaking.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Take Care of Your Smile with These Dental Care Tips + Giveaway - May 21, 2019
- The Upside Brings Inspiration Home - May 20, 2019
- Here’s How to Host an Unforgettable Brunch - May 20, 2019