This is a fall back recipe for me, a quick and easy meal when I don’t want to deal with the oven or heating up the house. I make it, serve it over rice with a slice of bread with a bit of butter. It’s light and always seems to hit the spot. And it’s even better with homemade ingredients!
- 1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts. They can be whole and frozen!
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes – OR- 1 quart home canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 package of Onion Soup Mix -OR- 3 Tbsp homemade onion soup mix
- Combine all of your ingredients in your slow cooker’s crock. Mix together until well combined.
- Cook on low heat 8 hours (4 hours on high heat).
- Serve over rice or potatoes!
This recipe is part of the Food Challenge with nine other bloggers. You can check out the recipes below for this challenge! Each month we’ll be doing another challenge – let us know if you try any of the recipes!