It’s amazing what you can make in your slow cooker. I’m not even kidding – soups, desserts, and my favorite – quick meals! This is an extremely easy meal idea, and the best part – everything is precooked when you toss it in, so it’s just melding flavors together.
We’re huge fans of tacos in our house, but there’s a local Mexican place that makes a cheesy chicken melt I love! It’s something I never thought I’d make at home, but it sounded so good today. I used my own gluten free condensed soup mix and gluten free onion soup mix for the recipe, as well as home canned chicken, added a few other ingredients and the result – a delicious cheesy taco mix! It works great on shells, or would even be a great dip for parties. Once everything is in the slow cooker, it’s just a matter of letting the cheese melt and then it’s ready to enjoy!
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken 3 cans home canned chicken
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 large Sweet Peppers, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Homemade Condensed Soup Mix or 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 5 Tbsp Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl add in your condensed soup mix, and onion powder with your cold water and mix together well. Add in your milk and mix until it's smooth
- Add in your canned tomatoes, onions and peppers.
- Drain any fluid from the cans of chicken and chop coarsely. Add in your garlic and chili powder and mix until everything is combined.
- Pour 1/3 of your mixture into the slow cooker and top with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat until two more times until your chicken and cheese mixture are gone.
- Cook on low for 3 1/2 hours, then remove the lid and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- When the cheese is melted, add to taco shells or use as a dip! Top with fresh romaine and tomatoes.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Families Will Love the Fun Adventures in The Croods 2: A New Age - November 23, 2020
- Give them Hours of Fun with a Paw Patrol Box Set - November 22, 2020
- How Cookies Can Save Lives and Historical Places Can Inspire You - November 21, 2020