If you ever question a page source- don’t sign up for it. Below is one site I often question it’s validity. Don’t get me wrong – this very well may be a legitimate site. I just know I have never received anything from any of their offerings. I also do not enjoy having to sign up for “other offers” to get a package of fruit snacks (or whatever else they are offering).
Just a few tips for freebies (most are common sense)
- Never give away information you don’t want to. This includes SSN, Credit Card Numbers, and anything you wouldn’t give to a stranger
- Only put in for things with companies you trust – if it’s not a company you don’t know that doesn’t mean you wont get it, just be cautious.
- If an item is FREE but they want your CC info- chance are it’s not legitimate – and it will probably cost you a lot more in the long run.
- If you ever question a freebie check out The Scam List
- If you decide to sign up from freebies from companies you aren’t familiar with, use an alternate email address. This is actually a good thing to do for all freebies. Create a free account on yahoo, gmail or hotmail. That way if for some you do end up on some spam list it will not plug up your main email account.
- Check your alternate email address – sometimes you have to confirm your request before they will send you a freebie.
- If you sign up with a company and they are only giving out a certain amount of products, don’t hesitate to send them the email anyhow. You may get something else in the mail (coupons!)
Remember freebies are FREE – if it never comes, it stinks but we didn’t pay for it! Just be careful of what you’re signing up for – it may be fun to sign up for freebies and have them flood your mailbox but sometimes they’re not really free!