One of the reasons we celebrate Earth Day each year is to teach our little ones how to be green and help the planet with their actions. It could be small things like planting a tree, recycling or even up-cycling. But it’s one of the first steps to teaching them how to interact with the world around them. This year Entenmann’s and TerraCycle have paired up to give us all a helping hand teaching our little ones about being green. They sent me an Earth Day prize pack, and they’re going send one to a reader to help you practice green activities even after Earth Day passes.
It’s a lot easier to convince kids that something is good when it involves something they love. Entenmann’s sent us coupons for some of their Little Bites, a reuseable (and upcycled) lunch bag and a $25 Home Depot Gift Card. Goonie was thrilled to see his favorite mini muffins when we brought them home from the store, and he could easily see where some of the packaging was used to make the lunch bag. As for the gift card? It will be perfect for our gardening plans and to set up the compost area to go with it!
The partnership between Entenmann’s and TerraCycle helps turn old food packaging into reuseable packages and even bags that can be used. You can even sign up for their TerraCycle Brigade to help out with your local school. Be sure to check out more about the program below and check out Entenmann’s on Facebook through the end of the month for your chance to win $5000!
Check out some fantastic ways you can get involved with Earth Day from Entenmann’s and TerraCycle.
– Check-it: look for numbers and recycling symbols on plastics to know what types get reused
– Not sure what to do with your Little Bites pouches? Now you can recycle them with the TerraCycle Brigade programs and sign up your school if it is not already participating. Check out what other lunch items TerraCycle recycles
– Put your sandwich in reusable lunchbox container to take home and use again
– Before you toss anything away, stop to think about how you might be able to use it again. TerraCycle’s team of designers makes products out of wrappers and packaging. Check out great recycling ideas.
– Have any leftovers from lunch? Before you throw away, make sure to check out what biodegradable foods can be brought back home to be added to a compost pile.
– Make compost at home! Be sure to include the three basic ingredients: Browns (dead leaves, branches, twigs, cardboard, newspaper), Greens (grass clippings, vegetable waste, fruit scraps, coffee grounds) and Water to make an effective outdoor composting area. Check out more info from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
How Can You Win?
Enter to win with the form below. The mandatory entry is leaving a comment on this blog post telling me what you do that is earth friendly! If you do not do this entry – you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment and then enter using the form linked below!
Find Entenmann’s Online: