- 8 oz cream cheese softened (or room temperature)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 2 4 oz can of Chopped Green Chili Peppers*
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese separated
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs (use regular bread crumbs if you don’t have to be gluten free!
*You can use Chopped Jalapenos if you want the spice. I actually grabbed the wrong peppers but they had the perfect flavor and texture I wanted for the poppers. Jalapenos would provide a bit more bite!
- In a medium microwave safe dish place your cream cheese and microwave on low heat for 30-45 seconds to soften (if you did not bring it to room temperature).
- Add in the Mozzarella, both cans of peppers, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle the top with corn flake crumbs to completely cover the top layer. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Serve warm!
Microwaving with the layer of bread/corn flake crumbs on top with the cheese actually creates a a thin layer of cheesy breading. You can mix this in or let it stay on top. It gives you the just breaded flavor and texture of the actual poppers.
This is going to be a new favorite in our house, it’s super quick and easy to make and has all the flavors I missed! I’m so glad I decided to try and adapt this recipe. And while I grabbed the wrong peppers, I’m glad I did because I apparently forgot to ask if Jason liked jalapenos before I made it- haha – what a delicious discovery.