It’s time to start planning your holiday baking. Time to gather your favorite ingredients, find new favorites, and try recipes to thrill your friends and family. Each year we try a new ingredient or two to add to our baking arsenal, and this year it’s Pure Chocolate Extract that Nielsen-Massey sent us to review.
There’s so much you can do with Pure Chocolate Extract – but the first thing you may want to do is just drink it! It’s liquid chocolate! Yum! But Nielsen-Massey thinks it’s a great addition to holiday drinks. Here are some ideas they have for their holiday flavors!
- Give a DIY hot cocoa kit to a friend or loved one. Write your recipe on festive cardstock, stack cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a jar and pack in a basket with Nielsen-Massey Vanilla, Chocolate and Peppermint Extracts.
- Instead of using traditional toppings like marshmallows, try crumbled cookies, raspberries or a cherry on top of a steaming cup of hot cocoa. Stir in a cinnamon stick for an irresistible blend of sugar and spice.
- Invite friends and family over for a casual hot chocolate bar party. Set out mismatched mugs of various sizes, along with several types of hot cocoa, toppings and whipped cream. Use peppermint sticks for stirrers and have guests vote for their favorite concoction.
There’s a lot you can do with different extracts, and we absolutely love the real ingredients and flavors in all of the Nielsen-Massey extracts. The Pure Chocolate Extract is delicious and was the perfect addition in our Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Mint Frosting. The full chocolate flavor was the perfect addition to our recipes for a rich flavor that is perfect for the holiday season.
Want to try another fun recipe with Nielsen-Massey? Check out the recipe Nielsen-Massey has for Gourmet Peppermint Hot Cocoa below:
Gourmet Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- ⅓ cup unsweetened quality cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Place over medium-low heat and gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half until combined. Stirring occasionally, heat to desired temperature, being careful not to let the mixture boil. Stir in pure vanilla, peppermint and chocolate extracts.
- Before serving, top with a Vanilla Bean Marshmallow. For an extra blast of peppermint, drop a peppermint candy in the bottom of each mug before serving.
Nielsen-Massey wants one of my readers to try out their delicious Pure Chocolate Extract. Read how you can win a bottle for your holiday baking below!
How Can You Win?
Enter to win with the form below. What Nielsen-Massey product would you like to try the most? Or What would you make with the Pure Chocolate Extract for your holiday baking? If you do not do this entry – you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment and then enter using the form below!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Kid Friendly Holiday Shows Coming to Netflix and Hulu! - November 24, 2020
- Five Things You Need to Create the Perfect Home Office - November 24, 2020
- What You Need to Know About Starting a Business in Michigan - November 24, 2020