On Thursday morning, way before the sun rises I’m on a plane and on my way to New York City. I’ve never been to the Big Apple, so I’m excited to finally get a chance to get there. But it’s a whirlwind trip since I’ll be back and sleeping in my own bed Saturday night. I’m heading there for Blogger Bash – two intense days of fun, networking, good food and hanging out with my blogger friends. It’s a great break between terms for me, and I can’t wait to tell you all about it when I get back.
Last year I attended Sweet Suite at BlogHer – one of the great networking events that’s part of Blogger Bash. But Blogger Bash is an exclusive event for 400 bloggers, where last year Sweet Suite had over 1000 attendees. I do know a handful of the bloggers attending – but since many of us don’t know each other, we’re doing a Coffee Talk post. Just some questions to get to know each other before the event – and maybe some information for our readers to get to know us better too.
I can’t wait to get to New York City and play with the new toy launches of the year and to share it all with you when I get back. I’m not sure if you can pick up the excitement in my typing, but trust me it’s there! So here we go – a bit more about me :).
1. Name: Becky Fixel – *phew* that was an easy one!
2. Where are you from? This one isn’t as easy, I’m from all over Michigan. I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan, spent from 10-21 in mid-Michigan and finally ended up in metro Detroit to finish college. I’ve settled in Metro Detroit after college, and we just moved to a new place last month! We live on the far East Side of the metro area, and we’re actually north of Canada… However, I will always say I’m a Detroiter, but you’ll have a hard time getting me to say I’m an East Sider!
3. How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging for 3 years, 2 months and 11 days 🙂
4. What is the meaning behind your blog name? I started Week99er when I hit week 99 of unemployment benefits. I was lost and didn’t know what I was going to do, but things worked out. I love blogging, I love running my own business and working with brands. Week 99 didn’t mean the end for me :).
5. What are you most looking forward to at Blogger Bash? I’m super excited to see some of my great blogging friends again, check out some of the newest products and make new connections. And can I add that I’m really looking forward to finally getting to New York City – even if it is a whirlwind trip!
6. What three words describe you the best? Let’s go with: Creative, Passionate and Honest – I’m sure others may have other words that are fitting too! 😉
7. Got kids? How many? Goonie! That’s him being goofy as a Jedi! He’s my nephew, and our official toy tester for the site. He’s five now, additional testing is done by his cousins Lyla (4) and Kael (1). Otherwise we have two fuzzy babies Godiva (10 1/2) and Jack (10 months) – who like toys as much as kids do. There should be more added to the review family soon.
8. We all have a pet peeve. What is your #1? I’ll keep it to my PG one – there’s another, that is hilarious, but not blog appropriate. But overall it’s people who are dishonest, or use people. Seriously – can’t we just do what we say and treat people right?
9. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? There are so many, but I always default back to the same one – Albert Einstein. He’s always been intriguing to me. He went so far despite what people told him he would (or wouldn’t) achieve, plus at a time that people with Epilepsy weren’t given a chance to lead a normal life. There are so many questions I’d have!
10. Show me your face! In case you can’t see the image in my signature – here’s what you’ll find on my business card (above)! Can’t wait to meet everyone in New York this week!