For many people working in the office, it’s almost a second home. It is where most of a person’s life is spent. While working in a single place for long periods of time every employee accumulates many things. This can be papers, office equipment, office equipment, and personal items. If the company plans to move a lot of items, they need to organize them as effectively, efficiently, and swiftly as is possible.
It’s not enough to move things from one place to place. Also, it should be possible to quickly take everything out of the bag, put them in their places and then continue working as usual. It’s not often that moving offices can be accomplished by employees with no assistance from a professional. However, simply relying on a commercial moving company in NYC is not enough. The job of moving offices should be tackled as skillfully and responsibly as possible.
When you decide to relocate to an office, you have to think about a variety of nuances, starting with the option of moving the business and ending with creating a comfortable environment for employees for the first day of working at the new office.
A poorly managed office shift could result in financial losses and adverse effects on customers as well as employees. In addition, there is a great possibility of damage or loss of paper or electronic archives as well as important personnel, business, and accounting documents. Avoiding these losses is quite feasible by entrusting the management of moving to a proven transportation service.
The Stages of Organization and the preparation
It is simpler to break the task into stages in the event of an office relocation:
- Create a layout of the commercial space – consider all the furniture, workplaces, and other equipment. Decide the location where the moved items will be located within the new office. The office’s capacity for items to be relocated should also be considered.
- It is essential to identify the quantity of transportation you are using to select the most appropriate type of transportation. You can move to another office in the same city with a car that is small. This will allow you to take two trips. If the amount of stuff is substantial, you’ll need more than 4 trips.
- A group of office movers will be required to relocate office furniture that is huge in size and weighty. The number of individuals depends on the estimated amount of work. The team will take on the removal of equipment and furniture and furniture, ensuring proper loading, fixing in the cabin of the car, taking off. They are able to disassemble large objects however they’ll need to bring the container they will use.
- Moving furniture into a new location should not be done without disassembling it. To avoid damaging objects, it’s recommended to take down cabinets, shelves, removing countertops, and other elements prior to. It is possible to stack the structures that have an extended, smooth surface horizontally and then secure them securely. This ensures that they will not break or chip along the way. Unassembled furniture is harder to move and carries the risk of property injury. Take out shelves fittings, glass parts and other furniture prior to moving. Attach the doors onto the body.
- Selection of the material used for packing is important as it will protect important office equipment, valuable things paper from moisture dust, dirt and exposure to high temperatures if there is a possibility of moving. For smooth surfaces, you can use stretch film or corrugated cardboard sheets. It is possible to stack office chairs one-to-one or in pairs , and wrap tightly in film.
- Labeling boxes and packaging – Use the labels that correspond to your office to determine where the objects should be placed. Knowing the office moving plan can make things easier for commercial moving firms. The duration of the move will be cut down as there will be no need to locate the parts of the structure during assembly.
Are you moving to an office?
Move valuables yourself
More important documents and valuables yourself, this will ensure that they are not lost among all the office items. You will be really safe for the safety of office belongings during transportation only by insuring your belongings with the assistance of a commercial moving firm. You can’t predict everything and there will always be unpleasant surprises during a moving. Insurance for the property that is being transported, in this case, will protect you from trouble and unneeded costs.
Take a look at the packaging
Be sure of the high-quality of the packing materials utilized by the company whom you are deciding to confide your office relocation. If you are packing your own items, make sure to have enough packing materials. Label the boxes as you’re packing.
Select the best date
The most successful time for office relocation is during weekends and evenings of the day. Plan the day of office moving on Saturday and Sunday, so that at the beginning of your work week you do not interfere with the company’s normal business.
Lay out the layout for your new office
In order not to have to move the furniture in your office several times, make a plan for placing the furniture and workstations in the new office prior to moving and agree to it together with colleagues. This will make it easier to organize the work process from the first days after the transfer.
Notify your contacts
A few days before the move, notify your partners, customers and support services of your upcoming move and provide them with the address and phone number of the new office.
Be sure to trust the professionals
Office moving, with its own set of like the other, requires the participation of a professional moving company. Only professionals are in a position to relocate your office without wasting time, money, and even your mental health.
Make sure you have the equipment
Remove office equipment from electrical and computers at the time of the moving. Make sure that there are no shipping restrictions in the user’s manual. If you still have the original packaging for office equipment, make use of it during the move.