One of my favorite stops while traveling is at a truffle shop that happens to be en route for many trips. They’re sweet, delicious and so so good. But making truffles at home is so much easier than you’d think! Just with a few ingredients you can toss together some delicious treats that will not only impress your friends and family but take care of that sweet tooth. Add in a little mocha and you’re going to get some delicious truffles you will want to make over and over again.
- 1 lbs milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 packets Starbucks Via
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Bourbon Vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate, cream, coffee powder, and salt in a double boiler over low heat. After it is melted, whisk in vanilla until smooth and glossy. If necessary, put back on double boiler for a small amount of time.
- Put the bowl into the fridge for several hours, or until fully chilled and firm.
- Scoop out and form into 1 inch balls. Roll in cocoa powder, and serve at room temperature. These can be stored in the fridge for about a week, but make sure to bring up to room temperature before serving.