One of the best things about breakfast and brunch is mimosas! The sweet drink goes perfectly with those savory breakfast items. You have to admit, it’s one of your favorite parts of breakfast and we have an easy recipe to make the mimosas of your dream!
- ½ c. honey, preferably local
- ½ c. water
- ¼ c. tightly packed fresh mint leaves, torn and bruised
- 2 large pink grapefruit, peeled, pith removed
- 1 bottle prosecco* or other sparkling wine, chilled
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
*Can substitute sparkling grape juice or club soda for alcohol-free version
- Make a simple syrup by combining the honey and water in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Add the mint leaves and stir to combine. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and strain the syrup, discarding the mint leaves.
- Place the peeled grapefruit in a high-speed blender and blend until completely liquefied, approximately 1 minute.
- Fill four champagne flutes 1/3 full with the grapefruit puree and drizzle a spoonful of the honey-mint simple syrup into each glass. (Use more or less syrup according to taste). Stir briefly to combine, and then top off each glass with the chilled prosecco before serving. Cheers!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- What We Can Learn from Entrepreneurs Like Angela Wei - September 24, 2020
- Final Season Trailer Released for Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - September 24, 2020
- Fall Camping and Why You Should Get Away - September 23, 2020