So, I thought I’d start with a salad! Really the recipe is more of a “how to” to make the little cute bowls out of Prosciutto. I’ve seen this done with bacon in the past, but I’d prefer the saltiness of prosciutto to the grease of bacon.
What you need:
- 1 cupcake pan turned over – I choose this over my other one since it had a higher edge to catch any run off. Here I thought I was done with cupcake pans!
- 1 package of Prosciutto (approximately 12 slices)
- Your favorite Greens
- Your favorite Toppings
- Your favorite Dressing! (you only need a dab!)
The first: take one piece and wrap it around the cupcake tray. Press the rest together to form the base.
The second: Cut 6 strips in half and criss cross them in an X on the bottom of 6 cupcake tray bottoms. Wrap another piece around to create the bowl. This will make a thicker bowl that holds it shape better.
- Wrap your inverted cupcake tins with your prosciutto in your desired way.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until your prosciutto is crisp and holds it shape.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove each bowl from the cupcake tin and flip it over and allow to cool for an additional 10 minutes.
- Fill with your favorite greens, toppings and a dab of dressing. You will only need a little of each!
Tips: Use the flat cut side of each strip towards the top of the bowl (place it at the bottom!) This makes it easier and more even at the top.
This recipe is part of the Food Challenge with five other bloggers. You can check out the recipes below for this challenge! Each month we’ll be doing another challenge – let us know if you try any of the recipes!
We’ve added new bloggers this month for more recipe fun!