It’s that time of year again, the unofficial holiday of dorks and nerds! May the 4th! It’s one of my favorite holidays in May, second only two Cinco de Mayo. And to celebrate I whipped up some yummy (gluten free) chocolate cupcakes and decorated them for the occasion.
Ok, in reality – I made these for my boyfriend’s birthday. Yes, we’re in our 3o’s, and both self proclaimed dorks. But he was off to his man (dork) night, and I wanted to send him with a special birthday treat to share with his friends. Yes, just like in elementary school. The guys gobbled them up and I loved how they came out.
Recipe wise, I used my go to recipe for chocolate cake and made a cream cheese butter cream frosting. I decorated them with Wilton Star Wars Cupcake Wrappers and edible Star Wars Icing Decorations. You can easily find them online, but if you’re in a time crunch – head to your local Party City to find them and grab them off the shelf. They’re easy to whip up and your friends and family will love them.
Dorks and Nerds unite and May the 4th be with you!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Room Temperature Butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbs Milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Add milk, dry mixture and water until well combined. End on a wet ingredient.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make your frosting - Combine butter, cream cheese, powder sugar, vanilla and milk in your mixer. Mix until smooth. If your frosting is too loose add more powdered sugar!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Little Fires Everywhere Is Now Available on Digital! - May 28, 2020
- Disney Magic Comes to Your Home in Zenimation on Disney+ - May 27, 2020
- Updated Movie Release Dates To Keep On Hand - May 26, 2020