There’s no denying we’re all connected to our phones and technology. Current studies have shown that this connection to technology can cause un-needed stress and an overload from the alerts and our need to check them constantly. Technology and Lifestyle Expert Chi-Lan Leiu sat down with me for a few minutes to answer some questions about how to reduce stress with our technology (you can see the whole interview below)
Chi-Lan Leiu also provided some great tips to discovering which apps are best for finding inspiration and tackling your various goals in 2016:
- Take control of your daily planning -Struggling to find time for daily tasks such as planning meals or staying healthy? Over half of users surveyed say Pinterest is the top site for helping them stay on top of everyday organization. Moms in particular say they turn to Pinterest for planning daily meals, whereas Millennials are more likely than others to use Pinterest for finding fitness tips.
- Find more “me” time – If you’re looking to relax and take some more time for yourself, make Pinterest, Facebook or Tumblr your personal retreats. Moms especially turn to Pinterest and Facebook to relax and relieve stress, while Millennials lean towards Tumblr.
- Stay connected – If you want to spend more time connecting with friends and family this year, Facebook is the place to be. LinkedIn is your best bet for connecting with professional connections.
- Keep up with the world – Follow the latest news, sports and politics on Facebook and Twitter. And if you’re looking to increase your regular dose of celebrity updates, add Instagram to the list as well.
- Discover something new -Who doesn’t love to be inspired by a new discovery? People think Pinterest is the best platform to turn to for learning and creative expression compared to any other social platform. Tumblr and Instagram are also popular destinations among Millennials to express creativity.
- Plan ahead – If you’re the type of person who likes to feel prepared for your next big project, holiday or vacation, make Pinterest your long-term organizer too. Both Moms and Millennials favor Pinterest over all other sites for help in planning and collecting ideas for projects.
For more great tips on how to stay organized and to reduce your app stress check out our interview with Chi-Lan Lieu below: