Each day, we try to do something that will help benefit the plant. From recycling to beekeeping – we try to do our part. But this year, we’re partnering with Zak! Designs to not only share about their latest eco-friendly product but also to give you some great ideas to help get you and your kids in a more eco-friendly mindset.
Zak has always worked hard to create environmentally responsible products that are functional enough to meet its high standards of quality and affordable enough for everyone to enjoy. The new Planeterra line accomplishes those goals in a dramatic way. The products in this revolutionary line are made from an innovative material that can be reused for years but is also designed to break down toxin-free in a landfill within 3-5 years under traditional conditions.
On Earth Day, Zak is launching the first product in the Planeterra line, the Terra Bottle. This 18oz water bottle features a built-in carrying handle to make it easy to clip onto backpacks or sports bags as well as a flip-up drinking spout that helps protect it from dirt and germs. The Terra Bottle is dishwasher safe and BPA free and comes in four nature-inspired colors.
To make the line even more eco-friendly, Zak is donating a portion of the proceeds from the Planeterra products to benefit The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and its mission to “protect the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly.”
By adding the Planeterra bottles and products to your home and kitchen are a great way to start your eco-friendly journey. But they are also a great way to make sure you stay hydrated and you always have a great way to keep water or your favorite drink with you on the go.
If you’re looking for other ways to get involved, Zak! has some great tips and things you can do with your family to celebrate Earth Day and to do every day as well.
Zak! Designs Environmental Stewardship Tips
Environmental Stewardship is as Easy as 1-2-3
• Research credible sources that provide current information about the challenges facing our
• Read books, articles, and other informational materials on environmental issues and ways
you can make a difference
• Watch nature shows, movies, and documentaries to get a better understanding of the natural
world and what we can do to protect it
• Ask your teachers about the possibility of having an environmental group give a presentation
for your class
• Educate yourself about environmental ethics by visiting Leave No Trace’s website
• Help eliminate single-use plastics by insisting on reusable products and encouraging your
family and friends to do the same
• Follow the Leave No Trace guidelines any time you’re in nature to ensure you don’t have a
negative impact on the environment
• Sign up for Leave No Trace’s newsletter to learn about other ways to get involved and help
make a difference
• Participate in an outdoor activity – hike, bike, paddleboard – that helps develop an
appreciation for nature and wild spaces
• Organize or participate in clean-up efforts at local parks, open spaces, or natural areas
• Establish recycling programs at schools, churches, and clubs
• Find companies, organizations, and groups that share your commitment to the environment
and support them through your purchases, contributions, and volunteer efforts