When you’re trying to eat healthy, some of the things we miss are the starchy comfort foods. Thankfully, we have cauliflower. We seemed to have demonized this vegetable too long and are just waking up to how great it can be for us as a side replacement. Put those potatoes back and instead make this keto friendly loaded cauliflower. Gluten free, filling and you wont feel guilty enjoying a second helping!
- 4 c. cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 3 T. unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. dried dill
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ c. Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives. Enjoy!