The new version of The Jungle Book is a bit of a departure to the cartoon version we all grew up with. But one thing we absolutely loved about the movie is the attention to detail about the animals, the forrest and the endangered species in the movie. Since The Jungle Book is a movie that you’re going to watch over and over again and one that you may show to your kids and even classrooms, DisneyNature Educational Team has released and Educator’s Guide for the movie. The Educators Guide is for Grades 4 through 8, but is full of information that all kids are going to find interesting!
Inside The Jungle Book Educational Guide you can find nearly 50 pages of lessons and activities for your kids to work on in the class! The guide introduces students to a variety of topics, including:
- Animal Behavior and Natural History
- Creative Writing
- Causes and Impacts of Drought
- Habitat and Ecosystems
- Human-Wildlife Coexistence
- Filmmaking Techniques
- Making a Positive Difference for Wildlife Worldwide
Educator Guide Objectives
- Increase students’ knowledge of animal species and their habitats through interactive and inquiry-based lessons.
- Enhance students’ viewing of The Jungle Book and inspire an appreciation for the wildlife and wild places featured in the film.
- Promote life-long conservation values and STEAM-based skills through exploration and discovery.
- Empower you and your students to create positive changes for wildlife in your school, community and world.
Lesson are aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core Language Arts and Common Core Mathematics Standards
There are four lesson plans included and a key word glossary and even a standard’s alignment chart to help you fit it into your lesson plan. I absolutely love the detail that DisneyNature put into this package, and it’s a great resource for your classroom or to continue learning at home!
Take time to watch The Jungle Book that is available everywhere today – and click the image above to download your free Educational Guide for your classroom!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Kid Friendly Holiday Shows Coming to Netflix and Hulu! - November 24, 2020
- Five Things You Need to Create the Perfect Home Office - November 24, 2020
- What You Need to Know About Starting a Business in Michigan - November 24, 2020