- 1 cup White Rice Flour*
- 1/2 cups Tapioca Starch*
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 stick butter -room temperature
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp prepared lemonade
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- Juice from 1 lemon
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup fresh Blackberries, cleaned and dried
- 1 tbsp White Rice Flour*
*You can use 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour if you don’t have to be gluten free!
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a cupcake pan by lining it with paper cups.
- In your mixer beat together your butter and cream cheese. Add your sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add your eggs, one at a time and mixing in completely after each egg. Slowly add in your lemonade.
- In a large bowl whisk together your white rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients 1/3 at a time, alternating between the dry and your buttermilk.
- Zest your lemon over the bowl and squeeze in the juice from the same lemon. Mix for 1-2 minutes until completely mixed.
- Combine your clean berries with 1 tbsp rice flour, stir into your prepared batter. Pour into your your cupcake pans.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack about 30 minutes before frosting.
Blackberry Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 Stick Butter – room temperature
- 6 oz Cream Cheese – room temperature
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 tbsp Blackberry Jam
Combine all ingredients in your mixer. Mix until smooth. If your frosting is too loose add more powdered sugar!