The Superleggera (super light in Italian) is another one to reckon with. First of all, it is a Lamborghini. It has been compared to the Ferrari 458 Italia and it turns out the two vehicles have a lot in common. They have the same 452hp and weigh approximately 3400 pounds.
In addition, the manufacturers claim that the two machines have identical 3.4 second 0-to-62-mph and 202-mph speeds. You can access one at Lamborghini at Milani Rentals to test it out.
The Superleggera has a personality which would be described as rough owing to its rather wild exterior. It also packs the following features:
- It has larger front intake nostrils than the regular Gallardo LP560-4. These aid in sending more air to the radiators. They are also reported to impart extra front-end downforce.
- The spoiler and diffuser located at the rear are bigger than those of the regular Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4. They also provide more downforce.
- The Superleggera has a unique wheel design and the side skirts are not the same.
- The rear wing is rather large.
This super Lambo is lighter than the stock Gallardo by up to 154 pounds. 88 pounds are accounted for by the application of carbon fiber for:
- The engine cover frame
- The external mirrors
- The rear spoiler
- Side skirts
The rest of the weight loss comes from the new wheels and interior changes. The Wheels are 19-inch forged aluminum attached with titanium lug nuts. They are shod with 235/35 front and 295/30 rear Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires. This helps with the loss of at least 29 pounds.
The interior comes with bucket seats, door panels, and center tunnel rendered in carbon fiber. The seats are trimmed with Alcantara in place of leather. The same is done for the dashboard. This helps in making this machine leaner than the regular.
- The Gallardo engine packs more power in the Superleggera with 10 more hp than it does in the LP560-4. It has three modes: normal, Corsa (both fully automatic) and sport (manually activated by way of the steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters).
- The Superleggera has Lamborghini’s e-gear automated manual transmission.
- In addition, there is the conventional six-speed manual with a gated shifter.
- Programmed in a launch-control system known as thrust mode. This mode drops the clutch at 5000 rpm for maxed out acceleration off the line.
- The engine responds amazingly fast to commands and even when it is idle, it is raring to go.
- The V-10 is very aggressive on the move and the voice at full throttle is as wild and brutal and a rottweiler in attack mode.
The Superleggera is super fast in a straight line. It claims a 10.2-second to 124 mph, therefore it should hit 100 mph in less than seven seconds.
With suspension changes, the Superleggera gets even sportier. The shock settings are firmer and the anti-roll bars get stiffer. The suspension is not affected by the switch the transmission modes. The precision in the steering is a fantasy come true and it is quite sensitive as well. However, the trade-off from the modifications to the suspension makes riding over small undulations rather harsh.
The Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera is definitely on a higher level than the regular Gallardo and it gives you the feeling of a race car when you take it out on the street.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Is Your Smile Holding You Back Professionally? - July 13, 2020
- Fixing Acidic Soil and Adjusting PH in Your Garden - July 13, 2020
- Choosing the Best Plants for Your Garden - July 12, 2020