A gift that makes a difference is special for not just the purchaser and the person who receives the gift, but often someone who lives a world away. This year World Vision’s Gift Catalog offers gifts that have a multiplier effect—positively impacting the giver, receiver and those in need. You can join World Vision’s efforts to tackle poverty and injustice around the world, helping children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential.
World Vision sent us a great gift package with items specifically for the kitchen that make great conversation pieces but also useful items to use in your home. The items you can get from World Visions gift catalog are often handmade, and the funds go to a community and a family that needs the support. Our World Vision kitchen gift package included some beautiful reversible placemats, organic coffee, an upcycled artisanal bowl, salad servers and scoops and salad scoops. Individually they are great additions to any kitchen and help you prepare for the guests that are coming soon. But together, they make a great presentation for your holiday table, and will probably have your guests talking about the beautiful items.
When a donation is made to World Vision’s “Where Most Needed” fund, donors can choose from different items (like the below) to receive as a meaningful memento of their gift. All of these items would make a great gift for yourself or someone on your list, and can bring a bit of happiness to you when you know they are helping families reach their dreams for a better life on the other side of the world.
Would you like to win a World Vision Kitchen Prize Package? Check out everything one reader will win below:
- Upcycled Artisanal Bowl ($135) – This stunning bowl is up-cycled from reclaimed industrial waste such as wires and metal. Artisans in India have hand bent and soldered each piece into inspirational shapes to create this artistic and elaborate bowl that is great as a decorative piece or to hold special items.
- Salad Servers and Scoops ($75) – These exquisite wooden salad servers are made by a craftsman in Kenya who uses his wood carving skills to support his family, allowing him to send four children to university.
- Organic Coffee Blend ($75) – This organic blend features a peat flavor with dark chocolate and berry notes. The coffee scoop is hand-carved by artisans in India and doubles as a handy bag clip.
- Reversible Placemats ($95) – This lovely set of four reversible placemats is handmade by artisans in Bali who use only sustainable materials and recycled fabrics, thereby incorporating traditions of Balinese craftsmanship and honoring nature with the smallest carbon footprint possible.
- Kenyan Salad Scoops ($75) – Each one of these beautiful sets of two hand-carved olivewood serving scoops is uniquely made by hard-working artisans in Kenya who are raising themselves out of poverty thanks to Fair Trade wages.
How Can You Win?
Enter to win with the form below. The mandatory entry is leaving a comment on this blog post telling me: Which of the World Vision kitchen gift options is your favorite? Or what item from World Vision would you gift to someone to help support a developing nation. If you do not do this entry – you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment and then enter using the form below!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Tickets On Sale for The Play That Goes Wrong #broadwayinDetroit - November 18, 2018
- Why Your Kids Will love DreamWorks She-Ra and You Will Too #DWSheRa - November 18, 2018
- Add Some Spice to Your Next Meal with Mrs. Renfro’s Salsa - November 17, 2018