At the holidays our family loves cranberry sauce. I, however, have never been a fan of the congealed mess from a can. We also have family members who are red dye sensitive – and while it may be fun to see them get a bit hyper now and then, I’d rather not expose them to that. The best part of this recipe – it’s only 3 ingredients. it’s so easy to make and put together I did it in a matter of a few minutes and was quickly canning it. It makes 6 pints and doesn’t have any added chemicals, or colors to worry about!
- 8 cups cranberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- Wash and drain your berries. Some stores may not have them this time of year, so you can use flash frozen ones!
- In a large stockpot combine your sugar and water. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add your cranberries. Return to a boil and do not stir. Allow to boil until the skins of the berries burst (10-15 minutes).
- Put into hot jars with 1/4 inch headspace. Process for 10 minutes.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- How to Get Your Dream Plant Delivered to Your Door - November 29, 2020
- The Best Recipe to Use Leftover Chicken or Turkey With - November 28, 2020
- Holiday Ideas for the Winter Season - November 27, 2020