It’s hard to believe that The Little Mermaid first hit theaters 30 years ago. It was one of the first movies I remember sitting in a theaters and watching. We fell in love with Ariel, her quirky habits and her friends that meant well but didn’t really know what to do to help this hapless princess.
Now, 30 years later the movie joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection with loads of bonus features and digital improvements that fans will fall in love with the story all over again.
Ariel is often one of the princess that children fall in love with early, and we hold her close to our hearts. Still a fan favorite we see her everywhere. And we’re happy to have some great new coloring sheets for the new release. Featuring Ariel, Flounder, Ursula and Sebastian – all you have to do is print out these coloring sheets to enjoy over and over again!
The Little Mermaid Signature Collection Release Trailer:
About The Little Mermaid Signature Collection Release:
In honor of its 30th anniversary, two-time Academy Award®-winner (Best Original Score and Best Original Song “Under the Sea,” 1989)“The Little Mermaid,”dives into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection with all-new bonus features and a sing-along mode.The magical, musical tale of mermaid princess Ariel—along with loveable sidekicks Sebastian and Flounder, and the love-to-hate sea witch Ursula—is shore to make a splash with all generations when it comes home for the first time Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 12, and on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™on Feb. 26.
The Signature Edition of “The Little Mermaid”showcases its award-winning musical score and iconic songs such as “Under the Sea” and “Part of Your World” with a sing-along mode allowing you to accompany this beloved cast of characters on their journey. Never-before-seen bonus features bring legendary composer Alan Menken and some of Disney’s most recognizable leading ladies together around a piano to reminisce, sing and celebrate “The Little Mermaid.”The latest installment of “Stories from Walt’s Office” compares Waltand Ariel’s love of collecting treasures. Viewers will also receive an inside look at the “The Little Mermaid” cast in their original recording sessions,explore hidden treasures and fun facts from the film,and enjoy a special performance of “Part of Your World” by a cappella singing sensation D Capella.Plus, fans will have access to hours of additional classic bonus features!
Based on Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fairy tale about a beautiful mermaid princess who dreams of becoming human, “The Little Mermaid”was directed by John Musker and Ron Clements (“Aladdin”). It features the voice talents of Jodi Benson (“Toy Story 2,” “Toy Story 3”) as Ariel, Pat Carroll (“Laverne & Shirley”) as Ursula, Samuel E. Wright (Broadway’s “The Lion King”) as Sebastian, Christopher Daniel Barnes (“The Brady Bunch Movie”) as Eric, Kenneth Mars (“Young Frankenstein”) as Triton, Buddy Hackett (“The Music Man”) as Scuttle, Jason Marin (“Back to the Future”) as Flounder and René Auberjonois (“The Patriot”) as Chef Louis. The film was originally released in theaters on Nov. 15, 1989 and is the 28th film from Walt Disney Animation Studios, and the first in what many described as a new Disney animation renaissance.
“The Little Mermaid” is the seventh title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King” and “Lady and the Tramp.”
ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES: *
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel)as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Make it A Free Movie Night on Mondays with Focus Features - April 3, 2020
- What’s Changing in the Payments Processing Industry? - April 2, 2020
- Fashion Advice for The Busy Dad - April 2, 2020