Understanding words and the world that surrounds us can be hard for younger kids, but thankfully PBS Kids has Wordworld. A place where everything and everyone is made up of the words that are used to describe them. The preschooler friendly show is one that is conflict free and fun for small kids to watch and enjoy. And in the latest release the WordFriends are tackling food words and ones that kids learn at an early age.
Not only do the episodes included teach kids more about how to spell some of the common food words in their lives, but also how these food items are made! It’s a fun set of episodes, and we love the educational fun included in every one. WordWorld: Let’s Eat is now available everywhere on DVD and has a total run time of 100 minutes and is rated TV-Y.
WORDWORLD: LET’S EAT!” from the PBS KIDS Emmy® Award-winning series WORDWORLD. Watch as the WordFriends have fun with food in eight exciting adventures. Children can learn how to follow directions, make words plural, and work together in this new DVD.
The eight stories on this new DVD include:
- “Jelly” Pig asks Bear and Sheep to help him make jars for the jelly pumping from his jelly machine. However, when they aren’t able to make jars fast enough, the kitchen quickly begins filling up with the purple, oozy treat! Only by working together are the friends able to find a way to contain all of the jiggling jelly.
- “Get Well Soon Soup” When Ant gets sick, Pig tries to take care of him by making his special Get-Well-Soon Soup. It has all the letters in the alphabet in it, so Pig can build any word that Ant needs to feel better. Pig just has to figure out what that word is!
- “Catch That C!” While Pig and Ant are making cookies, their bag of letter C’s gets away from them, sending the WordFriends on a wild goose chase all over WordWorld to catch that C! The bad news is that the letter C is in big demand that day. But the good news is that Pig and Ant have a lot of WordFriends who want to help them out!
- “The Mystery of the Disappearing Pie” When Pig’s pie for Bear goes missing, it’s up to Detective Sheep to follow the letter clues and solve the mystery of the disappearing pie!
- “Pies, Pies, Pies!” When Pig promises to make a pie for everyone in WordWorld, he learns a hard lesson about keeping promises. Fortunately, he also learns about the letter S and how it can make words plural.
- “Pig’s Big Moonlight Feast” When Pig is too sick to cook the Moonlight Feast, his friends step in, but they find that if you don’t follow the recipe you may end up in the soup.
- “Mmm-mmm-milk!” When Ant comes over to Pig’s house to eat cookies, Pig tries to get him to drink some milk. But Ant doesn’t like milk! Or so he thinks…
- “A String’s the Thing” After Duck accidentally turns on Frog’s new cake frosting machine, the WordFriends must find the right ing word to stop it from covering WordWorld in delicious frosting.