The 10 stencils have everything from a bat, to a mummy, an owl, a skull and more. But if you want more options Good Cook offers more stencils online. Each stencil is rated on a scale of hardness. So you can select easy (one bat) or hard (four bats). You can find anything from scary faces, to animals, or even cute templates.
Of course – you can always just do your design like the Zombie my sister did in the gray pumpkin!
The pumpkin carving kit has everything you need to carve the pumpkins, and they work great! My favorite tool was the scoop that has the serrated side to help you clean out the pumpkin, it is so much easier than the old kitchen spoon I’ve used in the past.
- Choose the template or design you want to make. Tape it to your pumpkin as smoothly as possible. Remember your pumpkin is round so it may not lay 100% smooth.
- Use your drill and push it around the outline of your design every 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Remove your template design. Trace the line again with your punch wheel to make your lines more complete.
- Take the larger pumpkin saw and cut a circle out of the top of your pumpkin around the stem. Repeat going around the same circle until you can easily remove the lid with the stem. Take your pumpkin knife and cut off the any guts and seeds attached.
- With the scoop (or your hands) remove all of the seeds and guts. After you have the majority of the guts removed turn the scooper around and use the serrated edge to clean up the inside of the pumpkin. Make sure you get the guts and seeds out!
- With your pumpkin saw follow the lines you created earlier and cut out your design. Remove all of the pieces required to make your design.
- Place on your porch, add a candle and light to enjoy your new creation!
What you need:
- One bag of mini pumpkins
- Sewing Pins
- Glow in the dark vampire teeth
- Using a carving knife from your kit, cut a 2 inch line about 1 inch from the top of your mini pumpkin.
- Cut the bottom line another inch down about 1 1/2 inches long. Connect the two sides and remove the piece.
- Using your guts scooper remove some of the additional seeds from inside.
- Insert your glow in the dark teeth. They may need shoved in a little bit so they stay in.
- Insert two matching pins near the top for the eyes. Change the eye colors for creepier versions on each one!
Check out all of our carving fun from our party!
Need a kit now? Order one from Good Cook online using code PUMPKIN25 to save 25% on any Sweet Works Halloween Product!
How can you win?
Enter to win with the form below. The mandatory entry is leaving a comment on this blog post telling me what you would carve if you won!! If you do not do this entry – you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment and then enter using the form linked below!
Find Good Cook Online: