Who doesn’t love cupcakes? And when they have a little hidden surprise inside and a kick of heat – there’s even more reason to love them! When Peanut Butter and Company sent me on the challenge to make something with their Peanut Butter and Sriracha I kept going past making the Peanut Butter Sriracha Ice Cream. Instead I decided to make cupcakes to go with – and they stole the show!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup White Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Smooth Operator Peanut Butter
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Add milk, dry mixture and water until well combined. End on a wet ingredient.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once your cupcakes are cool make your frosting - combine your butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and peanut butter in your mixer. Beat until smooth and pipe-able.
- Decorate and enjoy your cupcakes!