A couple years ago, I found out my boyfriend loves Blackberries. I make him homemade jam since we can’t find it at stores often, and I have even planted a couple bushes in new yard, so I can make more jam and even other goodies. We found a great deal on blackberries at the market a couple months back and I flash froze them. So in preparation to my summer of berry overload I’m working on recipes with the berries – and this week we’re enjoying blackberry muffins for breakfast!
- 1/2 cup Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar + Additional for topping
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups White Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cups fresh Blackberries, or thawed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare your muffin pan either by spraying or using cupcake liners.
- In your mixer bowl add in your butter and sugar and cream together. Add in your eggs one at a time and beat until smooth. Add in your vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together your white rice flour, tapioca starch, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly integrate your dry mixture into your butter mixture. Alternate your flour mixture with your milk. Repeat until everything is in the batter. Fold in your blackberries by hand. Sprinkle a pinch of granulated sugar on top of each muffin before putting them in the oven.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
You might also like...
The following two tabs change content below.
Becky is Content Creator in metro-Detroit. She is also an interior designer, a former adjunct professor, a gluten free foodie, and world traveler. Week99er is a lifestyle site featuring real life reviews of the latest in entertainment, technology, travel destinations and even set visits. Her Youtube channel gives in depth reviews and travel videos. Contact her at [email protected]
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Best Destinations For An All American Road Trip - June 5, 2020
- Bee K’onscious Artisanal Honey Let’s You Enjoy Raw Honey From Around the World - June 5, 2020
- 3 Inspiring Ideas For Your Kitchen Revamp - June 4, 2020