These little cupcakes are gluten free, but no one will know the difference. The cupcakes taste like fluffy gingerbread cookies and topped with a tangy cream cheese frosting – you can bet they’re going to be a hit. Just one will make you think of the holidays.
- 1/2 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups Gluten Free Flour Mixture (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Flour is great or use 2/3 cup White Rice Flour and 2/3 cup Tapioca starch)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg
- Set your egg, butter and milk out about a half hour before you want to get started so they are room temperature and everything is ready to go.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixer, combine your brown sugar and butter and cream together.
- Add in egg, Milk and molasses and mix on high until it as combined as you can get it. It will not be fully mixed, but once the dry ingredients are added it will pull together.
- In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Slowly integrate this into your wet mixture in two parts. Scrape down the sides of your bowl as you go. Beat until all is smooth and fully integrated.
- Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners and fill each with 2/3 full
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out smooth. Cool 10 minutes in the pan and at least 30 on a cooling rack before icing.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 5-6 cups Powdered Sugar
- Add all ingredients in your mixer and beat until well mixed. Start slowly so you don’t have a sugar explosion, but increase as you go.
- Add more Powdered Sugar for a thicker and pipe-able frosting.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Fashion Advice for The Busy Dad - April 2, 2020
- Slay the Dragon Shows How an Idea Can Change Your Future - April 2, 2020
- Like Falling off a Vlog: 4 Easy Tips on Starting a YouTube Channel - April 1, 2020