There are some meals that we just need to have mashed potatoes with. It’s a staple, but the carbohydrates aren’t that great for us. So over the years we’ve switched to mashed cauliflower to fit that need – and ya know what – it doesn’t mean we’re sacrificing taste either!
This flavorful cauliflower mash pairs well with a wide range of beef, pork, chicken, and plant-based entrees. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to get a healthy dinner on the table without too much fuss.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. fresh chives, chopped
Tip: Steaming the garlic along with the cauliflower will remove the raw edge and make it more tender.
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Take a First Look at DreamWorks Fast & Furious: Spy Racers - November 20, 2019
- Get Health Care Wherever You’re Traveling with Amwell - November 20, 2019
- The Best Gift Ideas for the Active People on Your List - November 20, 2019