Movie effects would be no where without the work of Ray Harryhausen. His movies are classic and this month he’s being celebrated on Comet TV – including a fun giveaway with collectibles for fans. Ray Harryhausen, who we all know pioneered stop motion and visual effects for such films as Jason and the Argonauts, The 3 Worlds of Gulliver and The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, is being honored by Comet TV this month!
In case you couldn’t tell, we’re pretty big fans of old school movie monsters at COMET, and no one was more important when it came to making those famous beasts come to life than special effects pioneer Ray Harryhausen. Catch four of his classic films airing this month.
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958)
Friday May 12 at 4P/3C
Monday May 22 at 6P/5C
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973)
Saturday May 27 at 10P/9C
The 3 Worlds of Gulliver (1960)
Friday May 26 at 10P/9C
Jason and The Argonauts (1963)
Friday May 12 at 6P/5C
Tuesday May 23 at 6P/5C
Jim Henson. George Lucas. David Bowie. When these three legends got together in 1986, an all-time cult favorite was born. We are, of course, talking about the nightmare-inducing puppet-filled ‘80s fantasy masterpiece known as Labyrinth. It’s one of those rare films that seems to get better each time you watch it.
Friday May 12 at 8P/7C
Saturday May 13 at 8P/7C
Thursday May 18 at 6P/5C
Sunday May 28 at 6P/5C
The Bride (1985)
Friday May 19 at 8P/7C
Saturday May 20 at 8P/7C
Sunday May 28 at 4P/3C
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
Friday May 26 at 8P/7C
Saturday May 27 at 8P/7C
Wednesday May 31 at 6P/5C
Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987)
Saturday May 13 at 2P/1C
Thursday May 18 at MIDNIGHT/11C
Monday May 8 at 8/7C
Sunday May 21 at 2P/1C
Troll 2 (1991)
Saturday May 13 at 4P/3C
Monday May 15 at 6P/5C
Stargate SG-1 is back on COMET! Your favorite gate-hopping action series returns with back-to-back episodes Monday through Thursday at 8/7C, with encores of both episodes airing at 10/9C. That’s two chances, four times a week, to catch Jack O’Neill and his squad on their adventures across the galaxy. Indeed.
MONDAY – THURSDAY 8/7C
One reader will win a Ray Harryhausen Collectible Set. There’s all kinds of awesomeness in this set!
The Collector’s Set includes:
- 1 – Limited Edition Ray Harryhausen custom designed T-Shirt: The God’s Want Their Entertainment! And So do Comet TV Fans! Show your love of classic Sci-Fi with this Limited Edition T-Shirt you can only get through this promotion!
- 10 – Skeleton Warrior Mini Figures: The perfect way to plan your own battle is with these skeleton warrior figures. Perfect for your desk, coffee table or as an heirloom to pass down from generation to generation!
- 2 – Packs of Candy Bones: After you vanquished your skeleton foes, celebrate with these sweet treats!
- 1 – Comet TV “Space Out” Fridge Magnet: This fridge is rated “S” for Spacey! Show your Comet TV love and love of Sci-Fi with this custom magnet. Only the cool kids have them!
- 1 – Comet TV “Space Out” Sticker: These are Spacey Times. Show your Comet TV love by sporting this awesome sticker. Great for notebooks, bumpers, to put on people’s backs, you know… the usual!
How Can You Win?
Enter to win with the form below. What is your favorite Sci-Fi show? or What show on CometTV are you most excited about? If you do not do this entry – you will not win! So make sure you leave a comment and then enter using the form below!