The key to the perfect breakfast – the perfect side. Yes, how your egg is prepared helps round it out, but the majority of the time it’s the potatoes on the side we absolutely love. Have you ever wondered how they make them so good at your favorite brunch location? We found the key to making some of the best parmesan potatoes for your next breakfast – and they’re extremely easy to make as well!
- 3 large baking potatoes, diced
- 1 T. water
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. dried parsley
- ½ t. dried rosemary
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Add potato and water to a large microwave safe dish and cover. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or just until potatoes are crisp tender, but not mushy. Do not over cook.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add red pepper and onion and sprinkle with garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the pepper and onion soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Drain excess moisture from the potatoes and pat dry. Transfer to the skillet and season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and slightly crispy, approximately 6-7 minutes. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the warm potatoes. Cover just until the cheese melts and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Make it A Free Movie Night on Mondays with Focus Features - April 3, 2020
- What’s Changing in the Payments Processing Industry? - April 2, 2020
- Fashion Advice for The Busy Dad - April 2, 2020