You could say that we’re excited about the upcoming release of Kung Fu Panda 3 – I mean who doesn’t love Po and the rest of the Furious Five and the movies? To celebrate we made some cute cupcakes to share with our friends – and it’s super easy to do.
What you need:
- Your favorite chocolate cake mix – I go with Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vanilla or white frosting – I went with a basic buttercream (recipe is with the cupcakes)
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Hershey Kisses
- Edible Candy Eyes
How to Make your Panda Cupcakes:
- Prepare your cupcakes in your favorite liners according to the recipe/box.
- Frost with your white frosting. You can spread it on or pipe it on whatever is easiest.
- While your frosting is still soft and setting take a small amount of coconut in your hand and pat it onto the frosting. You’ll have some fall off, and your frosting will probably compact a little. But you need to make sure the coconut actually sticks on.
- Each Panda Face will need 5 Kisses, unwrap and stick two in the top to create the ears, two straight down towards the center for the eyes and one on its side to create the nose.
- Dab a little bit of frosting on the candy eyes and stick your eyes on the two eye patch kisses.
There you have it! Easy Panda Cupcakes for your own Kung Fu Panda 3 party or any time you feel the need for some adorable cupcakes. They are full of candy and sugar of course, so one should be more than enough. But it’s an easy way to get adorable cupcakes for any party!
[…] our favorite characters and some hilarious moments. We loved the movie so much we even made our own panda cupcakes, but Fox Home Entertainment took it a bit further with a full party […]