Fluffy pancakes are some of the things I still miss from being gluten free. There are not a lot of places that offer gluten free pancakes, so if I want any – I have to make them myself. Over the years I’ve fallen in love with the flavor of coconut flour and these fluffy and healthy coconut flour pancakes hit the spot. Not only does it have a light tropical flavor but they are perfect with fresh fruit. Make smaller sized ones and stack them high, your family will never know they’re gluten free!
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ T. pure maple syrup
- 3 T. very mild olive oil
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut milk
- 1/3 c. coconut flour, sifted
- ½ t. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 T. coconut oil, divided
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 c. fresh raspberries
- Real maple syrup, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour in the coconut milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the sifted coconut flour, baking powder, and a small pinch of salt. Gently fold in the dry ingredients without overworking the batter.
- Melt about a teaspoon of coconut oil in a large, hot non-stick skillet or griddle and pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook until the pancakes are set and the edges turn a deeper golden color, around 1-2 minutes.
- Flip and cook the remaining side another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- To serve, stack several pancakes and top with sliced banana, raspberries, and drizzle with real maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
To avoid lumps, sift the coconut flour before adding to the batter. If you don’t have a sifter, pour flour into a fine-mesh sieve and gently shake over the bowl.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Camp DreamWorks Gets Magical This Week! - August 4, 2020
- How to Attract Birds to Your Garden - August 4, 2020
- Have You Put Enough Thought Into Your Bank Account? - August 4, 2020