They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day – but it seems to be the one we skip the most often. It’s sometimes too hard to actually get a meal together, get everyone what they need before they run out the door – and let’s be honest here, it’s hard to find something they all will like. But we found that if we do a little prep work, and make some homemade parfaits they disappear from the fridge and enjoyed before the day gets started.
So grab your ingredients, stock up and make a few of these easy breakfast parfaits and make that morning routine just a little bit easier!
- 6 large dates, pitted
- 3 T. natural almond butter
- 3 T. honey
- 2 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 c. rolled oats
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 T. sunflower seeds
- 2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
- Pre-heat -oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a bit of overlap on the sides.
- In a high-powered blender or a food processor, combine the pitted dates, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the date mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the oats, cinnamon, salt, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Mix until well combined and the oats and nuts are nicely coated.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking dish and pat down into an even layer. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake until lightly golden brown and toasted on top, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Granola will crumble as you remove it from the pan, with some larger chunks.
- To serve, alternate layers of Greek yogurt, granola, sliced bananas, and fresh strawberries in 4 parfait dishes or mason jars. Enjoy!