SO I decided I’d give one a try – DIY Shower Cleaner. Not only did I already have everything for it already at the house, it was something I needed!
For the past few years I’ve been using one of those shower spray systems. You push the button and walk away. It looks like it’s working, it seems to be working. But no matter what I do the soap scum seems to build up. I’ve used name brand cleaners – and nothing seemed to work.
What you need:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dawn Dish soap
- 1 Spray bottle
What you do:
- Heat your 1 cup of vinegar in the microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Pour your dish soap (about half of a small bottle) into the spray bottle.
- Add in the hot vinegar carefully. Shake gently.
- Spray on the tub and walls and let sit for 2 hours.
- Scrub gently with a sponge and rinse well.
You will be amazed at the difference. Just know that it is a vinegar based cleaner so you will notice the smell as it works. It reminded me of a mixture of fresh paint and pickles – but it’s well worth dealing with for a couple hours to see the difference!
Our tub isn’t perfect yet – but after one time using this cleaner the difference is amazing. I think I’ll be doing this again next week to see if I can get the rest of the crud off!