- Cardboard boxes
- Something to cut it with – I found that the scissors took too long so I grabbed a utility knife.
- Cut your cardboard to the size and shape you need it. Place it where you want it.
- Cut your next piece and place it down. Along chain link fences use the fence bottom to hold them in place.
- Cover in mulch
- Repeat until finished!
It’s just that easy! The benefits of this method over the newspaper weed barrier method:
- It’s quicker
- Need less cardboard than you would newspaper
- No need to wet it to set it in place.
- No worries of the squirrels digging through it and tearing it up!
The only thing that was a bit harder was cutting it around plants. Wet newspaper was a lot easier to mold and shape. But I like this method a lot better.