Still running low on ideas and money for holiday gifts? If you bake a lot you can always make them cookies and give them a box of yummy stuff. But chances are most people might be almost “cookied-out”. We love cookies but we all reach a limit. Or maybe someone always asks for your recipe but may not have all the ingredients you do, the simple answer: Recipe Jars.
Now you can do this with any recipe, just make sure you have the right size jar for the project. The recipe I used would fill 2 jars so I divided it in half. It will make it easy to gift to one or two people.
When making your recipe jars you can always decorate them with ribbon or fabric. I used fun canning labels I got off of etsy that just peel and stick to the side – after of course putting the rest of the ingredients on it. Don’t forget to give them the full recipe too in case they want to make them again, or want the step by step guide to make the yummy treats! Just be sure to note that all of the dry ingredients are included in the jar, or if you halved the recipe let them know!
This is the recipe I used for the jar, but only used 1/2 of the recipe for each jar. Please note the stars if you want to make this gluten full!
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Gluten Free!
- 2 cups Rice Flour*
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch*
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Salted Butter, softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips (12 oz.)
*Use 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour to make this gluten full 🙂
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, Tapioca starch, soda and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer blend the sugars at a medium speed. Add the butter and mix until it forms a grainy paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and mix at a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend on a low speed until just mixed. Do not over mix. Once the dough is mixed together add in the chocolate chips, stir in by hand until they are mixed throughout the dough mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 22-24 minutes until brown. Transfer cookies immediately to a cool surface with a spatula.