- 1 cup water
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
Other equipment you will need:
- Cookie sheet with 1 inch walls
- Candy Thermometer (you can find them for only $2-3 at some stores)
- Medium Sauce Pan – try to find one that doesn’t have a non-stick finish. My favorite one nto use is an old aluminum pan
- Tin Foil
1. Line your cookie sheet (15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in) baking pan with foil; butter the foil and set aside.
2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine water, sugar, corn syrup and food coloring. Bring to
a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals.
3. Uncover and cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads
300 degrees F (hard-crack stage), about 25 minutes.
*Be sure to watch your thermometer, it can go quickly or slowly! Each batch is different too.
cinnamon oil. Keep your face back from the pan – the cinnamon will be strong and the smell will instantly fill the house!
5. Immediately pour onto prepared pan. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
Store in airtight container. ENJOY!