We’re getting close to warm weather and that means patio parties and barbecues! So it’s time to look back at one of our favorite recipes. Several years back someone passed on a copy of a recipe that had been copied over and over again. It was suppose to be the KFC Coleslaw recipe. I’m going to admit it, I’m not a huge fan of coleslaw, but theirs has always hit the spot. So I gave it a try that year for the 4th of July, and not only was it spot on – but had everyone raving about it! It’s as easy as shred, mix and eat! Now.. I’m off to find a copycat gluten free version of their biscuits.. mmmmm! Enjoy!
- 1 Head of Cabbage (about 2 1/2 lbs) chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 3 tbs Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 cup Salad Dressing or Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Tarragon Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- Combine cabbage, carrots and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, salt, vinegar and oil in a small bowl.
- Pour over vegetable mixture, toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
You might also like...
The following two tabs change content below.
Becky is Content Creator in metro-Detroit. She is also an interior designer, a former adjunct professor, a gluten free foodie, and world traveler. Week99er is a lifestyle site featuring real life reviews of the latest in entertainment, technology, travel destinations and even set visits. Her Youtube channel gives in depth reviews and travel videos. Contact her at [email protected]