- 1 3/4 cups Gluten Free flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1, or 1 cup White Rice Flour and 3/4 flour Tapioca Starch)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 12 muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In your mixer combine your sugar, oil eggs and milk. Slowly add in your dry ingredient mixture. Mix until combined and scrape down the bowl before your final mixing.
- Fill your muffin tins 1/2 full with batter and bake 20-25 minutes until a tooth pick tester comes out of the center cleanly.
- In a small bowl mix your sugar and cinnamon for your topping while your muffins bake and set aside. When you pull the muffins out of the oven melt your butter in the microwave in a safe bowl.
- Using a fork, remove the hot muffins from the pan and drop them into the bowl of butter. Use the fork to flip them over to coat completely. Using the same fork, move the muffin into the sugar mixture and flip to coat completely. Roll them around a couple times to make sure they’re coated and the topping looks light and not just like wet sugar! Once coated move immediately to a cooling rack. Repeat with each muffin until your “doughnuts” are coated. Keep the sugar and cinnamon handy in case you need to add more as you go!
Warning! Once you remove the muffins from the oven, they’ll be hot and you’re working with them that way and with hot butter – watch your fingers!
You might also like...
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- How the Right Office Furniture Can Improve Productivity - June 17, 2019
- Students Are Still Saddled With Soaring Textbook Costs - June 17, 2019
- How to Grow a Garden in a Small Amount of Planting Space - June 17, 2019